Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Now is the time to invest in legal cannabis, with so many blossoming industries within the marketplace.
- Sales of cannabis oils in Ireland are skyrocketing despite government stonewalling.
- The legal cannabis industry continues to show robust growth on a global scale.
- Follow us on Twitter for daily news and the latest opportunities in the European market.
Regulations & Politics
- There is now “great momentum for sensible cannabis law reform” in Germany.
- A doctor has entered a hunger strike to protest Germany’s ‘Bureaucratic’ cannabis laws.
- The UK’s Liberal Democrats are still pushing for a legal cannabis market under their new leader, Vince Cable.
- A recent study published in The European Journal of Preventive Cardiology reveals the potential health benefits of medical cannabis.
The Czech Republic has had a complex relationship with cannabis. With the attitudes towards legal cannabis changing throughout Europe, could the country gain a foothold in the emerging marketplace?
The European Cannabis Report
Medical cannabis has been technically legal in several European countries for a number of years – although legislation across the supply chain is inconsistent from country to country and even at the state level within federal European countries. This issue has prevented any meaningful scale of production or supply developing in Europe to date.
However political and social momentum is now behind further legalisation. This will naturally lead to consistent regulation at the state level and perhaps even harmonisation at the regional (EU) level. This legislation, regulation and harmonisation will provide the certainty required to allow domestic players move across borders and invest for growth and scale.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
18 | 04 | 2019
Canopy Growth broadens its European production base with acquisition of Spanish company Cafina, while Irish Prime Minister states he ‘has...
12 | 04 | 2019
Greece issues fourth cannabis production licence to Pharma Essenza, and MGC Pharma awarded licence to import CannEpil into the UK....
05 | 04 | 2019
Germany and South Africa award medical cannabis cultivation licences while Israel implements the partial decriminalisation of cannabis.