Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Now is the time to invest in legal cannabis, with so many blossoming industries within the marketplace.
- Sales of cannabis oils in Ireland are skyrocketing despite government stonewalling.
- The legal cannabis industry continues to show robust growth on a global scale.
- Follow us on Twitter for daily news and the latest opportunities in the European market.
Regulations & Politics
- There is now “great momentum for sensible cannabis law reform” in Germany.
- A doctor has entered a hunger strike to protest Germany’s ‘Bureaucratic’ cannabis laws.
- The UK’s Liberal Democrats are still pushing for a legal cannabis market under their new leader, Vince Cable.
- A recent study published in The European Journal of Preventive Cardiology reveals the potential health benefits of medical cannabis.
The Czech Republic has had a complex relationship with cannabis. With the attitudes towards legal cannabis changing throughout Europe, could the country gain a foothold in the emerging marketplace?
The European Cannabis Report
Medical cannabis has been technically legal in several European countries for a number of years – although legislation across the supply chain is inconsistent from country to country and even at the state level within federal European countries. This issue has prevented any meaningful scale of production or supply developing in Europe to date.
However political and social momentum is now behind further legalisation. This will naturally lead to consistent regulation at the state level and perhaps even harmonisation at the regional (EU) level. This legislation, regulation and harmonisation will provide the certainty required to allow domestic players move across borders and invest for growth and scale.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 02 | 2019
ECH create history as the UK’s first bulk shipment of medical cannabis is completed as French MP Ludovic Mendes voices...
08 | 02 | 2019
A Malta MEP calls for a common EU legislative framework for medical cannabis, while Austria joins crackdown on CBD-based products....
01 | 02 | 2019
World Health Organization recommends rescheduling cannabis, Israel approves medical cannabis exports and a new Russian bill may legalise cannabis imports...