Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Canadian producer, Aurora Cannabis, have made their first shipment to the German marketplace.
- The value of medical cannabis is expected to grow by 25%-35% compounded annually over the next 5 years.
- Research from Zelda Therapeutics shows positive results in the treatment of autism symptoms with medical cannabis.
- Cronos Group have announced a supply agreement with Cannamedical Pharma in Germany.
Regulations & Politics
- The Duke of Cambridge has entered the debate on whether tolegalise cannabis in Britain.
- Denmark will embark on trials for multiple sclerosis and three other types of patients in 2018.
- The tide is rapidly changing across Europe and here’s what you need to knowabout the legalisation for medical use.
- The Belgian Socialist Party has submitted a bill proposing a model for regulating cannabis.
The New Opium Act was implemented in the Netherlands in 1976, which was to lead the way for the so-called ‘Policy of Tolerance. Initially, the policy was meant as a first step towards full regulation on soft drugs – although here we are 40 years later with very little progress.
The European Cannabis Report
Trend No.3 – Shifting Consumer Perceptions
The story of medicinal cannabis has been gaining traction across Europe, helping to broaden perception and public opinion even in relatively conservative countries like Ireland.
Education, both to the public and the media, is required to ensure that the progress made in the medical field is not tarnished with lazy opinion or stereotype.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
25 | 09 | 2020
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis potency. Excitement builds as key...
18 | 09 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75 million in H1 2020
11 | 09 | 2020
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to emerge in Europe