Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Maricann Inc. have partnered with Julian Marley to distribute cannabis products throughout Europe.
- Tilray partners with German pharmaceutical wholesaler to facilitate distribution and logistics.
- There’s new opportunity in the world of sport, as The International Olympic Committee plans to remove CBD from its list of banned substances.
Regulations & Politics
- Opposition MP Paul Flynn has introduced a bill to British parliament as part of a campaign for medical cannabis reform.
- The Maltese government will start discussing changes to the law regulating medical cannabis next month.
- Irish pharma company, Greenlight secures €1.4m grant to research the medical effects of cannabis.
- The new Dutch coalition is planning state-sanctioned cannabis plantations.
Historically, Portugal is regarded as somewhat of a trailblazer when it comes to drug reform. Yet in the 15+ years that have followed, very little progress has been made and so Portugal seems set to remain rooted to its restrictive and inconsistent legal stance.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 11 | 2019
Two cannabis-based medicines have been approved by the NHS in the UK while Prohibition Partners is set to host an...
08 | 11 | 2019
Prohibition Partners releases The Global Cannabis Report, as Sadiq Khan calls for an evidence-based approach to UK cannabis laws. Meanwhile...
01 | 11 | 2019
Germany’s ruling party discusses legalising adult-use cannabis, while Bernie Sanders details proposed cannabis legalisation policy. Elsewhere Jamaica continues to advance...