Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- The medical cannabis market is predicted to grow by $50 billion at a CAGR of 17.1%.
- Tilray and Chronos Group, two of Canada’s biggest producers, are recognising the potential of Europe’s nascent legal cannabis market.
- Las Vegas’ Freedom Leaf Inc. have expanded into Europe with their acquisition of Spain’s Green Market Europe.
- Israel’s Syqe Medical are transforming medical cannabis prescriptions with their new inhaler.
Regulations & Politics
- The new VolteFace report is ‘a compelling account of the consequences of leaving cannabis in the black market’.
- ReLeaf has called for the Maltese government to legalise and regulate cannabis in their new manifesto.
- Greek Deputy Minister for Agriculture, Yiannis Tsironis, has called for the legalisation of cannabis.
There is currently a tide of cannabis reform sweeping throughout Europe, yet there is still a small number of states who have yet to make any effort on reform. This contrast in approach is reflected throughout Scandinavia – although there is still a long way to go before any of these countries become European forerunners.
Prohibition Partners will be joining global industry leaders to discuss the future of Cannabis at CannaTech London this October.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
19 | 07 | 2019
Aurora wins race the for Italian medical cannabis tender, as US lawmakers introduce a bill to speed up medical cannabis...
12 | 07 | 2019
Cannabis Europa goes global with North American Leaders Summit, Jamaica signs programme to support new regulated market and French government...
05 | 07 | 2019
A new poll finds 63% of Londoners think that cannabis should be legalised for recreational use, while Romanian lawmakers propose...