Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- In a milestone for the cannabis industry, Corona distributor takes a 10% stake in Canopy Growth.
- Three new cannabis funds, involving Poseidon, Medmen and Nesta Holdings, have all launched within a seven-day period.
- Speakers at CannaTech discuss the huge economic potential of the fledgeling European cannabis industry.
- Czech producer, MGC Pharma are set to deliver cannabis-based epilepsy treatment to Australia.
Regulations & Politics
- Polish pharmacies will be able to sell cannabis after legislation came into forceon Wednesday.
- Germany’s major parties consider legal cannabis dispensaries as part of coalition talks.
- Another European country enters the cannabis industry as Luxembourg announces plans to legalise medical cannabis.
- Very few doctors in Denmark are willing to prescribe medicinal cannabis oil under a new trial scheme, according to a report.
- New Czech bill points to legalisation that could deliver over €117m in annual taxes.
With only a limited number of licences available for the recently announced Danish medical cannabis trial, the race is on to submit applications in advance of the deadline on the 31st of December. We explore the process and opportunity at hand…
The European Cannabis Report
Europe is set to become the largest legal cannabis market in the world within the next five years.
Our report provides a detailed analysis of the medical, recreational and industrial sectors in 15 key European markets in addition to the various commercial, legal and social developments across the region
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
03 | 07 | 2020
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian patients access cannabis through the...
26 | 06 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex as a Schedule 5 drug....
19 | 06 | 2020
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational cannabis experiment. Prohibition Partners LIVE:...