Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Big tobacco, alcohol and pharma companies could be poised to enter the cannabis industry.
- Tilray has become the first company to import live cannabis genetics into Europe.
- CannTrust have received approval to export medical cannabis and are now eyeing the German and Danish markets.
- Hoban Law, a Denver-based cannabis law firm, are planning European expansion.
- IBM proposes blockchain as cannabis seed-to-sale tracking solution.
Regulations & Politics
- The new Netherlands coalition government is backing legalised cannabis production.
- Luxembourg has moved closer to medical cannabis legalisation by announcing plans for a two-year trial.
- Last year, a 60-year ban was lifted. Now Greece’s hemp industry is experiencing a rebirth.
- The legal sale of cannabis in Switzerland could generate hundreds of millions of Swiss francs in tax revenues.
- The legalisation of cannabis could provide a lifeline for the UK’s struggling NHS.
- Trials of a new cannabis inhaler are showing early signs of success in the UK.
The European Cannabis Report
Medical Cannabis Legislation
Europe has become a hotbed for new market development in medical cannabis. Legislative bills are currently being prepared in at least ﬁve separate countries.
Germany has already taken the lead by creating the region’s ﬁrst legal and regulated medical market. It is paving the way for other countries to follow.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
13 | 09 | 2019
Germany receives its first medical cannabis imports from Portugal and Australia, as French parliament plans to hold a debate on...
06 | 09 | 2019
Prohibition Partners releases The North American Cannabis Report, Thailand removes hemp extract from its narcotics list and Netanyahu proposes new...
30 | 08 | 2019
International cannabis industry says UK laws are deterring investment, Israel approves seven new cannabis growers and US DEA to expand...