Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Could Germany rival The Netherlands and Canada for cannabis cultivation?
- Investors are set to inject over €1.5b into Greece’s new medical cannabis industry.
- The Body Shop’s hemp collection has become one of the best-selling in the company’s history.
- Budweiser’s ex-marketing chief, Chris Burggraeve, sees cannabis as the new craft beer.
- The cannabis industry’s biggest players planning to cast global net as Europe’s market continues to expand.
- Aurora Cannabis proposes aggressive expansion into Europe with takeover of medically-focused producer Cannimed.
Regulations & Politics
- The Maltese government has taken its ‘first real step’ towards legalisingmedical cannabis.
- Medical cannabis legislation progresses to the next stage in Ireland.
- Is this new TV show a signal that the UK is ready to reconsider its cannabis policy?
- The Czech Republic legalised medical cannabis in 2013, yet the industry still seems to be suffering from growing pains.
The European Cannabis Report
The EU is the top trading partner for 80 countries globally, generating the equivalent of €20 trillion in annual economic activity. However, Europeans are passionate about owning and controlling their own industries, so the opportunity for foreign companies entering the market is primarily through JVs or strategic partnerships with local companies.
Europe is set to become the largest market in the world within ﬁve years
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
25 | 09 | 2020
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis potency. Excitement builds as key...
18 | 09 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75 million in H1 2020
11 | 09 | 2020
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to emerge in Europe