Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- A UK-based company is bringing hemp-derived alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to Europe.
- Global Cannabis Applications Corp, a leading developer of cannabis data technologies, has opened operations in Europe.
- ABcann Global announces financial results and provides operational update, including German expansion plans.
Regulation & Politics
- Swiss business CBD420 are keen to see clearer regulation around the supply of cannabis.
- Cannabis legalisation could potentially pump billions into the Czech Republic’s economy.
- Cannabis oil could help the NHS prevent an opioid crisis in the UK.
- The Irish Health Minister has signed a licence, granting a young girl access to medicinal cannabis.
- Scottish MP, Jim Todd, has given his backing to the legalisation of medical cannabis.
Saturday, 18th November marked a historic moment in the progression of medicinal cannabis treatment in Ireland. The Department of Health approved a three-month licence for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) for the treatment of severe chronic pain.
The European Cannabis Report
Global Industry Trends 2018
Trend No.5 Digital Platforms:
Cannabis is a new industry without the legacy processes and systems that nearly all traditional industries are faced with every day. There is a major opportunity to build the right platforms from day one that will serve and optimise the sector for many years to come.
Ancillary digital platforms will become the cornerstone of the industry – including product quality tracking, data management, business software, delivery solutions and trading exchanges that help producers sell and retailers buy at the right market price.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 11 | 2019
Two cannabis-based medicines have been approved by the NHS in the UK while Prohibition Partners is set to host an...
08 | 11 | 2019
Prohibition Partners releases The Global Cannabis Report, as Sadiq Khan calls for an evidence-based approach to UK cannabis laws. Meanwhile...
01 | 11 | 2019
Germany’s ruling party discusses legalising adult-use cannabis, while Bernie Sanders details proposed cannabis legalisation policy. Elsewhere Jamaica continues to advance...