Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
We had been overwhelmed by the support of the international cannabis community since launching Prohibition Partners in April 2017. We have some very interesting plans for 2018 and look forward to sharing them with you over the coming months.
Business & Investment
- North American cannabis company, Tilray, expands European Cannabis distribution to four countries.
- GW Pharmaceuticals reacquires license to distribute Sativex in the US as Goldman Sachs upgrades status to ‘Buy’.
- Ameri Research Inc forecasts the global cannabis market to grow to $63.5 billion by 2024.
Regulation & Politics
- Norway decriminalises drug use in a historic change of drug policy.
- Portugal considers legalising cannabis treatments for therapeutic and recreational purposes.
- Police should not stop and search when they smell cannabis, according to the College of Policing in England and Wales.
- European Commission proposes a ban on synthetic cannabanoids.
- Business Insider summarises recent research into the health effects of cannabis in 2017.
- CBD has shown promise in a clinical trial as a potential new treatment for psychosis, say scientists at King’s College, London.
Prohibition Partners, together with our partners Hanway Associates and ECTA, is delighted to announce the launch of the inaugural Cannabis Europa conference.
This will be the foremost arena to share knowledge and shape the future of medical cannabis in Europe. It will take place on 22nd May at the Barbican in London.
Belgium sits in an interesting position among the fast developing cannabis markets in mainland Western Europe. We explore the history of legislation, the anti-prohibitionist movement and the future prospects for the Belgian market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
24 | 05 | 2019
Luxembourg unveils its proposals for forthcoming legalisation of recreational cannabis, while Canadian government invests CA$25 million into cannabis research projects....
17 | 05 | 2019
Spectrum cannabis receives first production licence in Denmark after 18-month pilot programme, while UK patients inform police they are cultivating...
10 | 05 | 2019
The New Zealand government releases details of 2020 cannabis referendum, while Malta plans educational programme to accompany cannabis legalisation. Meanwhile...