Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
We had been overwhelmed by the support of the international cannabis community since launching Prohibition Partners in April 2017. We have some very interesting plans for 2018 and look forward to sharing them with you over the coming months.
Business & Investment
- North American cannabis company, Tilray, expands European Cannabis distribution to four countries.
- GW Pharmaceuticals reacquires license to distribute Sativex in the US as Goldman Sachs upgrades status to ‘Buy’.
- Ameri Research Inc forecasts the global cannabis market to grow to $63.5 billion by 2024.
Regulation & Politics
- Norway decriminalises drug use in a historic change of drug policy.
- Portugal considers legalising cannabis treatments for therapeutic and recreational purposes.
- Police should not stop and search when they smell cannabis, according to the College of Policing in England and Wales.
- European Commission proposes a ban on synthetic cannabanoids.
- Business Insider summarises recent research into the health effects of cannabis in 2017.
- CBD has shown promise in a clinical trial as a potential new treatment for psychosis, say scientists at King’s College, London.
Prohibition Partners, together with our partners Hanway Associates and ECTA, is delighted to announce the launch of the inaugural Cannabis Europa conference.
This will be the foremost arena to share knowledge and shape the future of medical cannabis in Europe. It will take place on 22nd May at the Barbican in London.
Belgium sits in an interesting position among the fast developing cannabis markets in mainland Western Europe. We explore the history of legislation, the anti-prohibitionist movement and the future prospects for the Belgian market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
03 | 07 | 2020
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian patients access cannabis through the...
26 | 06 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex as a Schedule 5 drug....
19 | 06 | 2020
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational cannabis experiment. Prohibition Partners LIVE:...