Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- British Bio-Pharmaceutical Company, GW Pharmaceutical, announce the acceptance of NDA Filing for Epidiolex(R).
- Nasdaq explores why Europe will be big for cannabis growth in 2018.
- Canopy Growth Corporation targets Europe and South America for international expansion in 2018.
- Israeli-Canadian cannabis startup SciCann Therapeutics to develop isomnia treatments.
- Pot Network reviews the year in the International Cannabis Stock Market.
Regulation & Politics
- Mairjuana.com rounds up the biggest international stories of 2017 for the cannabis industry.
- The Guardian introduces a new cannabis column ‘for grownups’.
- Dutch councils vie to produce cannabis in a bid to stop gangs from supplying cannabis-selling coffee shops.
- A new study has unexpectedly shown an ingredient in cannabis could be useful for treating psychosis.
- Pivot Pharmaceuticals Inc. initiates development of its first Cannabidiol product with German Technology Partner, SolMic GmbH.
Austria has one of the most complicated positions on the legality of medical cannabis. The Alpine country has a rich history of hemp production and a burgeoning cannabis industry from Vienna to Salzburg, however, the election of right-leaning conservative, Sebastian Kurz, may spell troubling times for the cannabis community. As part of our European Country Review, Prohibition Partners looks to navigate through the convoluted system of the Austrian cannabis industry.
Cannabis Europa, a conference dedicated to shaping the future of medical cannabis in Europe, will take place on 22nd May at the Barbican in London.
The conference will host Europe’s leading medical, political and business figures and is a key date in the diary for everybody involved in the European cannabis industry.
Enquiries on early bird tickets, speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available on the website.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
17 | 01 | 2020
Major cannabis companies continue to divest foreign assets amid ‘cash crunch’ fears, while Eight firms bid to exclusively operate New...
10 | 01 | 2020
Prohibition Partners is set to co-host Cannabis Conclave at Davos 2020 while Illinois legal cannabis sales reach nearly $11 million...
03 | 01 | 2020
Cannabis-based epilepsy medicine to be available on the NHS from January 6th as Illinois begins legal cannabis sales on New Years Day as well...