Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Global cannabis market poised for 1,000% growth to $140b report predicts.
- Aphria signals international intention after acquiring Nuuvera.
- Greece plans to tackle domestic unemployment with cannabis production.
- Vegetable growers look to cannabis farms for cash crops.
- Israeli medical cannabis company proposes joint venture with Canadian company.
- Firms look to invest in Malta as government eyes up new cannabis legislation.
Cannabis is regularly or occasionally used by 15 percent of Slovenian population and it’s estimated that 30,000 citizens self-medicate using cannabis extracts. However, only 160 patients choose to do so legally – via the legally approved synthetic imports.
As part of the Prohibition Partners European Country Review, we examine why so many Slovenian patients choose to self-medicate and how the state is constraining the cannabis industry in Slovenia.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
17 | 01 | 2020
Major cannabis companies continue to divest foreign assets amid ‘cash crunch’ fears, while Eight firms bid to exclusively operate New...
10 | 01 | 2020
Prohibition Partners is set to co-host Cannabis Conclave at Davos 2020 while Illinois legal cannabis sales reach nearly $11 million...
03 | 01 | 2020
Cannabis-based epilepsy medicine to be available on the NHS from January 6th as Illinois begins legal cannabis sales on New Years Day as well...