Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Regulation & Politics
- Welsh MP calls for rebellion after Alfie Dingley denied cannabis treatment.
- Patients are forced into black market in Denmark as medical community play catch up.
- Israeli Health Minister now opposes medical cannabis exports in a change of heart.
- Portuguese pharmacists argue against addition of further medical cannabis products.
- Dutch critics claim cannabis laws are contributing to criminal drug trafficking.
- Denmark has issued 12 permits since December for medical cannabis cultivation.
- ‘Seed to patient’ cannabis bill to go ahead in Malta.
- Medical cannabis bill read for the second time in UK Parliament this week.
Romania’s history has been full of rebounds, ebbs and flows of distress and productivity, often playing catch up to rejoin the socio-economic norms of mainstream Europe.
Once a powerful hemp producer, Romania has turned its back on the cannabis plant since the fall of communism in 1989. In the post-soviet era however, Romania has welcomed foreign investment in agriculture and one US company has plans to cultivate medical cannabis.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
17 | 01 | 2020
Major cannabis companies continue to divest foreign assets amid ‘cash crunch’ fears, while Eight firms bid to exclusively operate New...
10 | 01 | 2020
Prohibition Partners is set to co-host Cannabis Conclave at Davos 2020 while Illinois legal cannabis sales reach nearly $11 million...
03 | 01 | 2020
Cannabis-based epilepsy medicine to be available on the NHS from January 6th as Illinois begins legal cannabis sales on New Years Day as well...