Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Regulation & Politics
- Welsh MP calls for rebellion after Alfie Dingley denied cannabis treatment.
- Patients are forced into black market in Denmark as medical community play catch up.
- Israeli Health Minister now opposes medical cannabis exports in a change of heart.
- Portuguese pharmacists argue against addition of further medical cannabis products.
- Dutch critics claim cannabis laws are contributing to criminal drug trafficking.
- Denmark has issued 12 permits since December for medical cannabis cultivation.
- ‘Seed to patient’ cannabis bill to go ahead in Malta.
- Medical cannabis bill read for the second time in UK Parliament this week.
Romania’s history has been full of rebounds, ebbs and flows of distress and productivity, often playing catch up to rejoin the socio-economic norms of mainstream Europe.
Once a powerful hemp producer, Romania has turned its back on the cannabis plant since the fall of communism in 1989. In the post-soviet era however, Romania has welcomed foreign investment in agriculture and one US company has plans to cultivate medical cannabis.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
25 | 09 | 2020
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis potency. Excitement builds as key...
18 | 09 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75 million in H1 2020
11 | 09 | 2020
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to emerge in Europe