Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Cronos Group becomes the first cannabis company listed on the US stock market.
- Europe has the potential to be the biggest medical cannabis market in the world says a new report.
- Q1 update shows positive signs for European cannabis market.
- Legal operations have begun harvesting the first medical cannabis crops in Jamaica.
- Axim to patent GMP methods for pure cannabis extraction after tests in the Netherlands.
- EnWave expands agreement with Tilray to provide cannabis drying in Portugal.
- Latin America is opening up to the global medical cannabis market.
Regulation & Politics
- Three cannabis bills are being debated in the German Bundestag this week.
- Welsh MP claims the UK government are ‘scared’ of medical cannabis legislation.
- UK Home Office is considering medical cannabis trial for Alfie Dingley.
- Writer Rick Steves explains what the US can learn from the European cannabis scene.
- Israel denies any American influence on the delay of medical cannabis exports.
- President Macron looks to reform harsh drug policies in France.
- Failed war on drugs sees THC levels rising in UK cannabis.
Health & Science
- New study finds high strength cannabis is now dominating the illegal market.
In the short space of six months, Macedonia pushed through legislation to legalise the use of medical cannabis. Since then Macedonia has set its sights on European expansion cultivating a cannabis industry of its own, open to investors, entrepreneurs and multi-nationals alike. But as Macedonia joins the ranks of Balkan states leading the cannabis revolution in south-eastern Europe, some patients are yet to see the benefits.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
19 | 07 | 2019
Aurora wins race the for Italian medical cannabis tender, as US lawmakers introduce a bill to speed up medical cannabis...
12 | 07 | 2019
Cannabis Europa goes global with North American Leaders Summit, Jamaica signs programme to support new regulated market and French government...
05 | 07 | 2019
A new poll finds 63% of Londoners think that cannabis should be legalised for recreational use, while Romanian lawmakers propose...