Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Is Canopy Growth looking to acquire strategic partner in Spain for €200+ million?
- Global cannabis stock index declines 26.7% in February.
- World’s largest medical cannabis company hopes for Nasdaq listing.
- Online supermarket chain to become first retailer to sell CBD infused water in UK.
- Israel’s Medivie signs $110 million medical cannabis export deal.
- Ottawa’s Tetra Bio-Pharma raises $11.5 million for European expansion.
- Kannaway and Organigram name executives to lead European expansion.
- Amazon has began banning CBD products in Germany.
- Big tobacco could be plotting a move into big cannabis.
- ABcann targets German distribution licence in global expansion plan.
Regulation & Politics
- UK was world’s largest legal cannabis producer in 2016.
- Former minister supports appeal to licence medical cannabis for Alfie Dingley.
- UN Drug Enforcement Board at odds with changing global landscape.
- Largest party in Portugal supports the creation of a legal cannabis industry for adults.
- One year on and doctors are still reluctant to prescribe cannabis in Germany.
- French groups are already betting on the legalisation of cannabis.
Health & Science
- Experts react to King’s College new study of high potency cannabis in the UK.
- New case study shows potential danger of contaminated cannabis.
- New report shows cannabis and cannabinoids can be successful in epilepsy treatment.
- New study shows cannabis abuse is addressed at a younger age than alcohol abuse.
- Researchers examine how cannabis can be used to prevent drug relapse.
- New study finds high strength cannabis is now dominating the illegal market.
Estonia is starkly juxtaposed with the rest of Europe in the medical cannabis space. On one side, the state are surprisingly keen to implement some form of medical cannabis system but on the other, caution and anxiety pervade mainstream public opinion on cannabis reform.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
11 | 10 | 2019
MedMen and PharmaCann’s US$682 million merger falls through and the LYPHE GROUP launches with portfolio to transform access to medical...
04 | 10 | 2019
Europe’s leading medical cannabis experts weigh in on healthcare priorities, as Canadian Health Food Association lobbies to relax CBD regulations....
27 | 09 | 2019
The SAFE Banking Act passes in the US House of Representatives, as the ACT becomes the first territory in Australia...