Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Investment in cannabis companies continue to rise as investors look for equity options.
- MedReleaf signs supply agreement with German pharmacy distributor.
- Pharmaceutical firm Novartis partners with medical cannabis producer Tilray.
- Online retail is becoming the latest cannabis market trend.
- Malta can become Europe’s next major medical cannabis manufacturer.
- Changes need to occur in the cannabis industry before shareholders can profit.
- Cosmos Group and Marathon partner to market cannabis products in Europe.
Regulation & Politics
- Alfie Dingley campaign makes progress as petition is handed to the British government.
- Stringent rules on medical cannabis are harming patients in the UK.
- Switzerland has unanimously adopted a bill to pilot cannabis studies.
- Courts endorse the regulation of cannabis clubs in the Basque region.
- Israeli medical cannabis firms may flee the country if export ban persists.
- Despite increasing support for legalisation cannabis remains prohibited in France.
Health & Science
- The Czech Republic is becoming a hub for medical cannabis research in Europe.
- Researchers claim that cannabis is safe and effective for pain relief.
- New research shows the relationship between cannabis and coffee.
- New study targets CB1 and CB2 receptors as treatment for suicidal behaviour.
- Researchers claim cannabis can be used to treat eczema and psoriasis.
In Sweden medical cannabis use has been considered an aggravating circumstance rather than an extenuating circumstance as many patients have suffered at the hands of punitive state laws. However, as two historic cannabis licences have been granted, Sweden may no longer be able to remain an island in the changing global consensus on cannabis.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
29 | 11 | 2019
US FDA issues warning letters to 15 companies for illegally selling CBD products, while domestic producers in Germany to sell...
22 | 11 | 2019
Cannabis stocks around the world rebounded after the US Congressional committee passed the MORE act, while the Liberal Democrats’ pledged...
15 | 11 | 2019
Two cannabis-based medicines have been approved by the NHS in the UK while Prohibition Partners is set to host an...