Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Legal cannabis sales could surpass fizzy drink sales by 2030.
- MGC Pharma awarded contract for full medical cannabis facility in Malta.
- Switzerland is beginning to adopt cannabis as a wellness treatment.
- New cannabis consumers are looking for premium cannabis with food and wine pairings.
- Cannabis is the fastest growing job category according to top recruitment CEO.
- Disaster for big pharma groups as masses choose CBD over traditional treatments.
- Italian firm files patent for solar powered cannabis and cryptocurrency farm.
- The cannabis industry is preparing for the biggest 420 celebrations to date.
- Cannabis inspired beers are entering the drinks market.
Note – Prohibition Partners will be attending ICBC Berlin this week.
Regulation & Politics
- Lib Dem leader Vince Cable says legalising cannabis would help stop violent crime.
- The Irish government will finally pay for Ava Twomey’s medical cannabis.
- Israeli pharmacies are set to sell medical cannabis this month.
- Major political party in Northern Ireland backs medical cannabis use.
- Malta legalises medical cannabis prescriptions as production law is approved.
- Study shows high cannabis taxes can drive consumers to the black market.
The European Cannabis Report
Cannabis Europa, a conference dedicated to shaping the future of medical cannabis in Europe, will take place on 22nd May at the Barbican in London.
Slovenia has only two million inhabitants, and nestles neatly at the foothills of the Alps boasting a series of rolling hills and alpine lakes. While cannabis remains illegal in the country, the medical cannabis community has been growing.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
24 | 05 | 2019
Luxembourg unveils its proposals for forthcoming legalisation of recreational cannabis, while Canadian government invests CA$25 million into cannabis research projects....
17 | 05 | 2019
Spectrum cannabis receives first production licence in Denmark after 18-month pilot programme, while UK patients inform police they are cultivating...
10 | 05 | 2019
The New Zealand government releases details of 2020 cannabis referendum, while Malta plans educational programme to accompany cannabis legalisation. Meanwhile...