Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Canopy acquires Czech cannabis distributor Annabis Medical.
- Germany is beginning to rule the European medical cannabis market.
- Canadian cannabis companies turn their eyes to Europe.
- Maricann Group is set to acquire Swiss hemp grower for €6.7 Million.
- Israeli firm will export 5 tonnes of cannabis oil to an unnamed Canadian company.
- GW Pharmaceuticals awaits FDA decision on new epilepsy drug.
- Struggling farmers are selling land to cannabis cultivators in Malta.
- Can cryptocurrencies delegitimise the legal cannabis industry?
- Celebrities are clambering to establish their own legal cannabis brands.
Regulation & Politics
- Luxembourg’s medical cannabis law nears completion.
- Home Office to review appeal over medical cannabis for Alfie Dingley.
- The Hague bans cannabis consumption in Amsterdam city centre.
- The Green Party want to end the penalisation of cannabis in Ireland.
- Maricann Group receives permit for German exports.
- Canadian cannabis oil exports explode due to German demand.
- Aurora Cannabis completes its first ever private export to Italy.
- The Harvard Political review examines the barriers to cannabis legalisation.
- European jurisdictions are turning to Canadian experts for legislative guidance.
Health & Science
- Study finds 87% of millennials believe cannabis is safer than alcohol.
- Replacing alcohol with cannabis may prevent dementia.
- How cannabis can help boost the immune system.
- Can cannabis make you a better parent?
- Study shows cannabis harm to teenagers’ brain is overstated.
- Young white men smoke the most legal cannabis according to new data.
The European Cannabis Report
France is emblematic of the hypocritical cannabis policies exhibited in Western Europe. More people consume cannabis in France than anywhere else in Europe, but despite recent amendments to the 1970 cannabis law, France is still missing out on a hugely profitable market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
03 | 07 | 2020
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian patients access cannabis through the...
26 | 06 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex as a Schedule 5 drug....
19 | 06 | 2020
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational cannabis experiment. Prohibition Partners LIVE:...