Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Israeli pharmacy chain begins selling cannabis this week.
- Cannabis culture is carving up the beer market once again.
- The European market could be five times larger than the Canadian medical market.
- The unbridled potential of CBD is bringing scientists and startups together.
- Are cannabis cultivation licences overvalued?
- Facebook’s new community standards won’t benefit cannabis brands.
- Israeli startup signs partnership with US extraction company.
- Londoners can now enjoy a CBD-infused afternoon tea.
- Why is YouTube shutting down cannabis channels.
- Healthy eaters in the UK are buying into hemp products.
Regulation & Politics
- Cannabis is legal in Italy but for ‘technical use’ only.
- Isle of man could be ready to decriminalise cannabis.
- The FDA could flip the switch on medical cannabis research.
- Lack of education is preventing medical cannabis prescriptions in Malta.
- Politicians and activists alike are pushing for legal cannabis in France.
- Sweden shows no signs of dropping zero-tolerance drugs policy.
Health & Science
- Experts suggest cannabis can help beat depression when consumed properly.
- More studies indicate CBD oil may be an effective treatment for epilepsy.
- New mobile app aims to highlight effects of cannabis use.
- Cannabis can be used for workout recovery.
- CBD oils shows promise in anxiety treatment says new study.
The European Cannabis Report
Dutch cannabis laws are not without fault. Since the introduction of coffee shops in 1976, Amsterdam’s cannabis has been supplied by criminal organisations. Additionally, a lack of cannabis cultivation licences, since 2003, has allowed Bedrocan to develop a monopoly. But as the global reform on cannabis begins, the Netherlands are experimenting with cultivation licences in a bid to grow the industry.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 02 | 2019
ECH create history as the UK’s first bulk shipment of medical cannabis is completed as French MP Ludovic Mendes voices...
08 | 02 | 2019
A Malta MEP calls for a common EU legislative framework for medical cannabis, while Austria joins crackdown on CBD-based products....
01 | 02 | 2019
World Health Organization recommends rescheduling cannabis, Israel approves medical cannabis exports and a new Russian bill may legalise cannabis imports...