Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Cannabis testing company expands into Europe.
- Maricann’s GMP certification paves the way for European exports.
- Lidl is offering locally grown cannabis to Swiss shoppers.
- UK investors are taking an interest in ‘corporate cannabis’.
- Aurora and Medreleaf began merger talks this week.
- The Macedonian PM is seeking foreign investment for domestic cannabis industry.
- Aurora completes the acquisition of CanniMed Therapeutics.
- Medical cannabis market to see huge growth in coming years.
Regulation & Politics
- Zimbabwe legalises medical cannabis.
- Edinburgh mother delivers cannabis petition with 170,000 signatures to the government.
- The Royal College of Physicians is calling for the complete legalisation of cannabis.
- MP calls for the legalisation of medical cannabis in Northern Ireland.
- YouTube holds its silence as the site continues to censor cannabis pages.
Health & Science
- Study finds medical cannabis use reduces pain and need for opioids.
- Understanding terpenes and their role in cannabis medicines.
- How ‘autoflowering’ is changing cannabis cultivation.
- Pregnant women told to avoid cannabis due to lack of research.
- Clinical trials examine if cannabis can be used to treat autism.
The European Cannabis Report
Previously, the state had only accepted applications from around 1,000 patients who had navigated rigorous regulations in order to legally access cannabis treatments. However, as of March 2018, the number of applications to the health insurance companies has risen to 13,000, with over 60% of requests for reimbursement being approved.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 02 | 2019
ECH create history as the UK’s first bulk shipment of medical cannabis is completed as French MP Ludovic Mendes voices...
08 | 02 | 2019
A Malta MEP calls for a common EU legislative framework for medical cannabis, while Austria joins crackdown on CBD-based products....
01 | 02 | 2019
World Health Organization recommends rescheduling cannabis, Israel approves medical cannabis exports and a new Russian bill may legalise cannabis imports...