Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- International companies are looking to European markets for growth.
- Final 15 tickets remaining for Cannabis Europa next Tuesday.
- Maricann acquires Malta-based cannabis producer Medican Holdings for €8.5 million.
- Epidiolex hopes to give GW Pharmaceuticals a boost in global markets.
- Aurora agrees to buy Medreleaf for €1.9b in the largest cannabis merger to date.
- Nuuvera Deutschland acquires 25% stake in Berlin-based Shöneberg Hospital.
- Irish company FutureNeuro begins development of cannabis-based epilepsy treatment.
- Canadian cannabis companies look abroad as consolidation continues at home.
- Colombian cannabis companies are preparing to join the Canadian stock exchange.
- The UK’s first non profit CBD shop opens in Edinburgh.
Regulation & Politics
- UK drugs minister accused of hypocrisy after husband’s stake in cannabis farm revealed.
- Royal College of Nursing votes for legalisation of medical cannabis.
- The UK produced over 95 tonnes of legal cannabis in 2016.
- Danish opposition stands firm against cannabis after calls for drug reform.
- How much longer can the UK ignore the cannabis debate?
- Asian markets are beginning to open as Thailand plans to legalise medical cannabis.
- Is Sweden’s zero-tolerance approach to drugs failing?
Health & Science
- Recreational cannabis users consume less alcohol and medication.
- Athletes are bucking the cannabis stereotype with CBD oil.
- The vast majority of physicians are uneducated about cannabis treatments.
- CBD is developing a whole new category of cannabis consumers.
- Researchers have developed a faster test for cannabis quality.
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions.
Globally, cannabis stakeholders are looking to Europe for growth. If Europe is to develop an international cannabis industry, medical programmes, industry regulators and licensed producers must adhere to EU manufacturing guidelines.
Our GMP Standards Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
The new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) will come into effect on May 25, 2018. To help comply with GDPR consent requirements, we need to confirm that you would like to continue receiving content from us.
If we do not hear from you by 25th May, we will continue to contact you in accordance to the preferences you have indicated in the past. We hope you will stay with us.
The countdown is on. This is your last chance to join us at the Barbican, London on May 22nd, for Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
Cannabis Europa is your opportunity to connect with influential leaders in science, policy and business. Gain unrivalled access to the most inspirational and forward-thinking figures in the industry.
The European Cannabis Report
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
29 | 11 | 2019
US FDA issues warning letters to 15 companies for illegally selling CBD products, while domestic producers in Germany to sell...
22 | 11 | 2019
Cannabis stocks around the world rebounded after the US Congressional committee passed the MORE act, while the Liberal Democrats’ pledged...
15 | 11 | 2019
Two cannabis-based medicines have been approved by the NHS in the UK while Prohibition Partners is set to host an...