Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- GW Pharmaceuticals close to breakthrough with the FDA.
- Aurora expands German distribution and launches new cannabis brand Klenk.
- Canada’s Speakeasy Cannabis Club signs agreement to export cannabis to Germany.
- Experts gather in London to understand the billion euro European cannabis market.
- Maricann positioned for exports after European Medicines Agency GMP certification.
- Boutique dispensary chain MedMen goes public valued at $1.65 billion.
- Aphria enters the African market with landmark venture in South Africa.
Regulation & Politics
- Majority of Britons support a softer stance on cannabis.
- French Health Minister hints that medical cannabis ‘could happen’.
- Belgian Minister of Public Health on the verge of legalising cannabis oils.
- France’s illicit cannabis trade estimated to be worth €1 billion per annum.
- UK public opinion is changing as experts debate the value of medical cannabis.
- Billy Caldwell forced to leave home to seek treatment.
- Senate candidates cite reasons for cannabis legalisation in Mexico.
- Legalising medical cannabis doesn’t have to lead to legalising recreational use.
Health & Science
Medical Cannabis in Europe - The GMP Standards Guide
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
A big thank you to everyone who attended the inaugural Cannabis Europa. The sold-out event brought together over 450+ attendees from 25+ countries including industry leaders, politicians, advocates and patients.
We’re already looking forward to the next Cannabis Europa and are committed to our mission of building Europe’s medical cannabis industry.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
26 | 06 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex as a Schedule 5 drug....
19 | 06 | 2020
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational cannabis experiment. Prohibition Partners LIVE:...
12 | 06 | 2020
Cannabis beverage market projected to hit US$1.82 billion by year end. US Congressman calls for drug decriminalisation in new policing...