Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Cannabis is the biggest threat to the global drinks industry.
- Organigram invests €8.5 million into Serbian hemp grower Eviana Health.
- Are edibles the next big investment opportunity for the cannabis industry?
- Legalising cannabis could boost UK tax revenue by up to £3.5 billion annually.
- New report suggests medical cannabis market share will plunge in 2018.
Regulation & Politics
- Three reasons legal cannabis will soon be available in the UK.
- UN panel releases first documents on THC pre-review.
- Denmark’s Christiania market stops selling cannabis.
- UK MP calls for cannabis legalisation for ‘sake of public health’.
- Portuguese ethics council opposes self-cultivation legislation.
- Spanish court seeks regulation for home-cultivation of cannabis.
Health & Science
- World Health Organisation releases report on cannabidiol.
- Can cannabis aid Lyme disease recovery?
- Cannabis treatments show early promise in treating inflammatory bowel disease.
- What are the biggest roadblocks for medical cannabis regulation?
- Danish hospital to test cannabis treatment on arthritis patients.
- Legal cannabis shops could be open in Canada by late summer.
- Is Africa the next big cannabis market?
- Auscann ramps up South American operations after second harvest in Chile.
- Lebanon makes strides in cannabis research.
- FloraMed Holdings acquires Colombian seed-to-sale facility CannaMed.
- Japan approves its first cannabis advertising campaign.
- [Video] A look inside the world’s largest cannabis farm in Canada.
Medical Cannabis in Europe - The GMP Standards Guide
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
15 | 02 | 2019
ECH create history as the UK’s first bulk shipment of medical cannabis is completed as French MP Ludovic Mendes voices...
08 | 02 | 2019
A Malta MEP calls for a common EU legislative framework for medical cannabis, while Austria joins crackdown on CBD-based products....
01 | 02 | 2019
World Health Organization recommends rescheduling cannabis, Israel approves medical cannabis exports and a new Russian bill may legalise cannabis imports...