Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Aurora Cannabis becomes first licensed supplier of medical cannabis to Malta.
- Clone transfer takes Spectrum a step closer to producing European-grown cannabis.
- [Video] Casa Verde & Imperial Brands invest €8.6 million in UK cannabis biotech firm.
- Growth of cannabis markets have been exceeding expectations.
- Tilray cannabis products will begin to carry drug company Sandoz’s name in Canada.
- Canopy CEO suggests the future of cannabis is not as a commodity.
- BlissCo signs letter of intent to export cannabis to Germany.
- The Hydroponics Company begins importing cannabis products from Denmark.
- InterCure becomes tenth cannabis company to be listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Cannabis is disrupting Italian drinks market, while brewers enter the cannabis industry.
- The Green Organic Dutchman enters European market via Denmark.
Regulation & Politics
- Luxembourg’s Chamber of Deputies unanimously pass bill to legalise medical cannabis.
- Introduction of Canadian Cannabis Act will severely effect European imports.
- Ireland’s Taoiseach confirms that cannabis decriminalisation is being considered.
- British MP Nick Hurd calls existing cannabis laws ‘not fit for purpose’.
- Lyon becomes second major French city home to a ‘cannabis light’ store.
- GW Pharmaceutical’s Epidiolex becomes first cannabis-based drug approved by FDA.
- Special licenses for medical cannabis could be available in UK ‘within weeks’.
Health & Science
- Cannabis may serve as a neuroprotectant and aid neurogenesis.
- Study suggests a majority of chronic pain patients are replacing opioids with cannabis.
- CBD therapy appears to reduce symptoms of autism in Israeli study.
- Scientists may have found a third cannabinoid receptor in humans.
- How can cannabis benefit people living with Alzheimer’s?
- Cannabis compound shown to improve memory function in ageing mice.
Medical Cannabis in Europe - The GMP Standards Guide'
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
25 | 09 | 2020
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis potency. Excitement builds as key...
18 | 09 | 2020
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75 million in H1 2020
11 | 09 | 2020
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to emerge in Europe