Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- CROP signs agreement to cultivate 522,000 sq. feet of ‘cannabis light’ in Italy.
- Israeli firm Together Pharma moves cultivation operation to Europe.
- Maricann receives letter of intent from Malta Enterprise.
- The Institute of Economic Affairs has severely undervalued the UK cannabis market.
- Sativa Investments acquires UK lab PhytoVista, for £435,000 from CEO.
- Relevium Technologies secures CBD supply agreement for European market.
- Namaste seeks to expand Israeli sales channels.
- Following global demand, the number of cannabis cultivation facilities is skyrocketing.
- UK department store Harvey Nichols begins selling cannabis skincare products.
- As cannabis whisky emerges, are beverages the future of cannabis consumption?
- Constellation Brands sees $700 million gains since Canopy investment.
- A look into Israel’s upcoming cannabis tech.
Regulation & Politics
Health & Science
- Canada announces $1.4 million CAD in funding for cannabis research projects.
- Study suggests cannabis oil may help treat diabetes.
- Italian study finds Sativex alleviates pain in people suffering from MS.
- Is cannabis an effective treatment for depression?
- A look at how distillation can be used to create high-quality cannabis oil.
- OWC Pharma completes first part of safety study on cannabis topicals.
- Mexico’s president elect is considering cannabis legalisation.
- CARICOM heads consider ending cannabis prohibition in the Caribbean.
- Canopy Growth announces Latin American subsidiary.
- Zimbabwe to begin rolling out its first medical cannabis products.
- The Australian government’s crackdown on cannabis likely to be defeated.
- Aurora receives cannabis sales licence from Health Canada.
- Auscann raises $25 million USD in investment.
- Survey suggests the majority of Australians support decriminalising cannabis.
Medical Cannabis in Europe - The GMP Standards Guide
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
24 | 05 | 2019
Luxembourg unveils its proposals for forthcoming legalisation of recreational cannabis, while Canadian government invests CA$25 million into cannabis research projects....
17 | 05 | 2019
Spectrum cannabis receives first production licence in Denmark after 18-month pilot programme, while UK patients inform police they are cultivating...
10 | 05 | 2019
The New Zealand government releases details of 2020 cannabis referendum, while Malta plans educational programme to accompany cannabis legalisation. Meanwhile...