Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Maricann completes first shipment of cannabis to Germany.
- LGC Capital announces supply of 500kg of dried cannabis to Swiss cultivator Virdi.
- Beverage giant Constellation Brands pours €3.4 billion into Canopy Growth.
- Aurora Cannabis ships mother plants to Denmark to begin cultivation at Aurora Nordic.
- IsCann announces strategic alliance with Veritas.
- German market accounted for €3 million of Canopy’s €22.1 million Q1 growth.
- GW Pharma stock stalls after revealing Epidiolex pricing.
- The Channel Island of Guernsey could soon establish a thriving hemp industry.
- More studies find legalising cannabis leads to a decline in alcohol sales.
Regulation & Politics
- UN launches first formal review of the legal status of cannabis in international law.
- Maltese activist group speaks out against government’s stance on recreational cannabis.
- Finnish pharmacy threatened with €50,000 for marketing cannabis products.
- Latvian Health Minister suggests Latvia’s society is not ready for cannabis legalisation.
Health & Science
- Roadside saliva tests for cannabis use may be inaccurate.
- Cannabis could prove to be a powerful treatment for inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Study finds male tobacco smokers see brain-wide reduction in CB1 receptors.
- Auscann completes successful trial of stable, orally administered cannabis medicine.
- FSD Pharma and SciCann launch research program is Israel.
- New drug approval could see improved research into cannabis treatments for autism.
- American dispensary chain MedMen releases €3.5 million ad campaign.
- Aurora completes acquisition of Anandia Laboratories.
- Avicanna Inc. acquires majority stake in Colombian medical cannabis firm.
- Pure Global Cannabis announces expansion into Latin America.
- Medical cannabis is legal in Hawaii, but patient access remains limited.
- Puerto Rico launches online portal for medical cannabis licence registration.
- Harborside announce €175 million reverse takeover plan with Lineage Grow Co.
Prohibition Partners is currently seeking sponsorship partners to support our thought-leading industry reports. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the latest research and insights into the European cannabis market and put your brand in front of the industries decision makers. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The European Cannabis Report
Prohibition Partners are pleased to announce the release of the 3rd Edition of The European Cannabis Report™. The report explores the medical, recreational, and industrial cannabis industries across 28 key European states. Identifying the commercial, legal, and social trends affecting the European market, the report provides a detailed analysis into what will become the world’s largest cannabis market.
European Country Panel
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Country Panel, an online community of thought leaders in the European cannabis industry. This panel brings together selected members of the industry, representing over 28 countries, to share information, discuss ideas and develop new opportunities. If you are interested in joining the European Country Panel, please contact our Community Manager, Olivia Rutter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
24 | 01 | 2020
Prohibition Partners launches ‘Disrupting Beauty’, the first report in 'The Impact Series’ as Sicily makes medical cannabis available free of...
17 | 01 | 2020
Major cannabis companies continue to divest foreign assets amid ‘cash crunch’ fears, while Eight firms bid to exclusively operate New...
10 | 01 | 2020
Prohibition Partners is set to co-host Cannabis Conclave at Davos 2020 while Illinois legal cannabis sales reach nearly $11 million...