Our International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the latest international cannabis developments across business, regulation and science. All past issues are now available here where you can read the stories that have helped shape the international cannabis industry over the past year.View All
Business & Investment
- Stenocare plans to become the first medical cannabis IPO in Denmark.
- German medical cannabis demand and imports continue to climb.
- HEXO establishes manufacturing facilities In Greece for Eurozone distribution.
- GW Pharma’s Epidiolex becomes first cannabis-derived medicine approved by US DEA.
- ICC purchases land for cannabis cultivation and processing facilities in Denmark.
- PUF Ventures announces plans to cultivate medical cannabis in Greece.
- Hungarian company develops yeast strain for the production of cannabinoids.
- Invictus provides an update on its German partnership and GMP application.
Regulation & Politics
- UK government announces definition of cannabis-based products for medicinal use.
- The Global Commission on Drug Policy will release their 2018 report on drug regulation.
- Former Israeli PM becomes chair of medical cannabis company.
- French police continue raids on CBD shops.
- Lord Charles Falconer regrets supporting prohibitionist policies in the UK.
- Scythian closes strategic sale of Latin American and Caribbean assets to Aphria.
- MGC Pharma set to sell MGC Derma to strategic partner.
- Australian cannabis stock Althea triples on debut.
- Kenyan MP introduces bill to decriminalise cannabis and allow for cultivation.
- Malaysian minister endorses medical cannabis legislation.
- Thai agencies step up research into medical cannabis.
- Nine new stocks added to Canada’s leading cannabis-focused exchange traded fund.
- US territory Northern Mariana Islands legalises cannabis.
- Jamaica completes its first shipment of cannabis to Canada.
- Despite a zero-tolerance cannabis policy, Japan’s hemp market is poised for growth.
Prohibition Partners is currently seeking sponsorship partners to support our thought-leading industry reports. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the latest research and insights into the European cannabis market and put your brand in front of the industries decision makers. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The European Cannabis Report
Prohibition Partners are pleased to announce the release of the 3rd Edition of The European Cannabis Report™. The report explores the medical, recreational, and industrial cannabis industries across 28 key European states. Identifying the commercial, legal, and social trends affecting the European market, the report provides a detailed analysis into what will become the world’s largest cannabis market.
European Country Panel
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Country Panel, an online community of thought leaders in the European cannabis industry. This panel brings together selected members of the industry, representing over 28 countries, to share information, discuss ideas and develop new opportunities. If you are interested in joining the European Country Panel, please contact our Community Manager, Olivia Rutter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
16 | 08 | 2019
Mexico’s supreme court ordered to push through medical cannabis regulation, as Tilray leases 20 hectares of land in Portugal from...
09 | 08 | 2019
Luxembourg will become the first European country to legalise cannabis, NICE guidelines prevent NHS cannabis treatments for epilepsy and Mexico...
02 | 08 | 2019
British MPs claim cannabis could be legal in 5-10 years, as Epidiolex receives market approval from the European Medicines Agency....