- What to expect from the new UK medical cannabis programme.
- The Academy of Medical Cannabis launches online learning platform for UK doctors.
- Many medical cannabis patients in the UK will still have trouble accessing treatment.
- [Watch] Shares of Danish company Stenocare quadruple on first day of IPO.
- Poll finds 59% of British public support medical cannabis legalisation.
- Beleave signs supply agreement with German medical cannabis company Canymed.
- Cannabis Europa targets France as special committee conducts medical cannabis study.
- Canadian companies continue to use Germany as an entry point for EU markets.
- Despite lack of clarity, two cannabis producers claim cultivation licences in Greece.
- Mexico’s Supreme Court overturns the absolute ban on recreational cannabis.
- Brazil’s president-elect seeks to introduce outdated drug policies.
- Uruguayan medical cannabis company Cannapur is considering filing an IPO.
- Pivot Pharma creates joint venture with Mexico-based Intercontinental Marketing Co.
- Seven people a day are being approved for medical cannabis in Australia.
- Health officials in Australia apologise for six-month delay in issuing cannabis licences.
- Australian company RotoGro acquires Canadian cannabis processor Supra THC.
- Vanuatu government will issue five cannabis cultivation licences.
- Australian cannabis companies are competing for billion dollar market share.
- Sydney-based investor Farjoy increases its holding in Medlab Clinical.
- Australia’s medical cannabis industry could expand to 200x its current size in a decade.
Rest of the World
- Thai government considers a draft bill for the legalisation of medical cannabis.
- How Lesotho has become a hotspot for Canadian cannabis companies.
- US Speaker of the House Paul Ryan says CBD is a proven medical treatment.
- Japan, South Korea and China warn citizens to stay away from cannabis in Canada.
- The world’s biggest brewer Anheuser-Busch is monitoring the cannabis market closely.
- Coca-Cola backpedals on cannabis-infused drinks.
- Canadian cannabis firms 48North and Good & Green join forces in $18m deal.
Health & Science
- Endogenous sex hormones may modulate cannabinoid sensitivity.
- Stanford scientists form company to develop CBD treatments for inflammatory diseases.
- Australian scientists are studying whether high-THC can kill brain cancer cells in humans.
- Runner’s high is caused by an increased circulation of endocannabinoids.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis...
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75...
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to...