- German startup pilots blockchain prescription service for medical cannabis.
- MPs criticise NHS over an inability to prescribe medical cannabis.
- EU officials set to begin a formal medical cannabis study on January 14th.
- Aphria completes acquisition of German medical cannabis distributor CC Pharma.
- Italian Senator proposes bill to legalise recreational cannabis.
- BlissCo signs distribution agreement with German pharmaceutical company.
- Maltese cannabis smokers will register with the state under proposed reforms.
- How the UK became the largest exporter of legal cannabis.
- Greek cannabis legalisation seeks to spark a boom for entrepreneurs.
- Note: This week Prohibition Partners is speaking at Lift Vancouver.
Rest of the world
- US Congressional report suggests cannabis sales will reach $11 billion in 2019.
- BMO and CIBC provide $80 million loan to cannabis producer Pharmhouse.
- Shoppers Drug Mart launches medical cannabis e-commerce sales portal in Canada.
- Auxly completes acquisition of CBD producer Inverell S.A. in deal worth $15 million.
- US Surgeon General calls for reclassification to support medical cannabis research.
- First movers in Asia are eyeing economic gains as countries rethink cannabis legislation.
- Creso Pharma signs deal to distribute medical cannabis lozenges in Sri Lanka.
- CannTrust applies to list on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Cannabis infusions are set to disrupt the food market in 2019.
On 8th February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Limited tickets are available. Book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis...
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75...
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to...