- German startup pilots blockchain prescription service for medical cannabis.
- MPs criticise NHS over an inability to prescribe medical cannabis.
- EU officials set to begin a formal medical cannabis study on January 14th.
- Aphria completes acquisition of German medical cannabis distributor CC Pharma.
- Italian Senator proposes bill to legalise recreational cannabis.
- BlissCo signs distribution agreement with German pharmaceutical company.
- Maltese cannabis smokers will register with the state under proposed reforms.
- How the UK became the largest exporter of legal cannabis.
- Greek cannabis legalisation seeks to spark a boom for entrepreneurs.
- Note: This week Prohibition Partners is speaking at Lift Vancouver.
Rest of the world
- US Congressional report suggests cannabis sales will reach $11 billion in 2019.
- BMO and CIBC provide $80 million loan to cannabis producer Pharmhouse.
- Shoppers Drug Mart launches medical cannabis e-commerce sales portal in Canada.
- Auxly completes acquisition of CBD producer Inverell S.A. in deal worth $15 million.
- US Surgeon General calls for reclassification to support medical cannabis research.
- First movers in Asia are eyeing economic gains as countries rethink cannabis legislation.
- Creso Pharma signs deal to distribute medical cannabis lozenges in Sri Lanka.
- CannTrust applies to list on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Cannabis infusions are set to disrupt the food market in 2019.
On 8th February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Limited tickets are available. Book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
US FDA issues warning letters to 15 companies for illegally selling CBD products, while domestic...
Cannabis stocks around the world rebounded after the US Congressional committee passed the MORE act,...
Two cannabis-based medicines have been approved by the NHS in the UK while Prohibition Partners...