- Medical cannabis goes on sale in Poland
- Portuguese parties propose the legalisation of recreational cannabis.
- Luxembourg explores recreational cannabis with Canadian health authorities.
- Dutch growers are making ‘hundreds of millions of euros’ out of cannabis cultivation.
- UK MP pushes cannabis law reform in order to limit black-market criminals.
- Cannabis may hold the key to reviving the Greek economy.
- Irish student finds a way to improve the effectiveness of medical cannabis.
- Regulations in Portugal give the green light to imports and exports of cannabis.
- Irish cannabis firm gets ready to expand into US and Scandinavian markets.
- Portuguese authorities predict regulations will combat crime and boost public health.
- Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan ramps up industrial cannabis production.
Note: Next Thursday Prohibition Partners speaks at the Cannabis Conclave in Davos.
- New Zealand cannabis firm placed into liquidation over executives’ high salaries.
- Cannabis convictions fall in New Zealand as state considers lifting sanctions on felons.
- Impression Healthcare receives a licence to sell and supply CBD substances.
- Cannabis could treat 50% of the Pacific island region’s population suffering with diabetes.
Rest of the World
- Thai officials to reject GW patent fearing foreign monopoly of Thai cannabis industry.
- Cannabis beer Durban Poison is the first to hit South African shelves.
- US Congress introduces H.R 4.20 Bill designed to regulate cannabis similar to alcohol.
- Licensed producers are paying extortionate fees to clinics.
- Canadian producer Zenabis Global completes a reverse takeover of Bevo Agro Inc.
- ICC International Cannabis set to acquire international assets from Wayland Group.
- Infused beverages tipped to double the demand for cannabis.
- Zimbabwe looking to cannabis exports to revive economy.
- Tilray signs deal with Nine West owner ABG to market and distribute cannabis.
- New Mexico to combat opioid addiction with medical cannabis.
Health and Science
- Almost half of medical cannabis users drop traditional prescriptions in favour of cannabis.
- Care home finds promising results in medical cannabis for elderly residents.
- Vaping cannabis found to be safer than smoking, but questions hang over vaping pens.
- BC Cancer leads a clinical trial on symptom relief for cancer patients.
- Autism study finds cannabis improves behavioural outbreaks in 61% of patients.
On 8th February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Limited tickets are available. Book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference
The Latam Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners presents The LATAM Cannabis Report™. The report explores the medical and recreational cannabis industries across the $12.7 billion market. The report is the most comprehensive review of the industry to date, identifying the regulatory guidelines and analysing market data across 11 LATAM states.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex...
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational...
Cannabis beverage market projected to hit US$1.82 billion by year end. US Congressman calls for...