- Growing patient numbers in Europe point to mainstream medical cannabis use.
- Cannabis executives and politicians convene to discuss cannabis at Davos.
- ECH appoints a medical board to help drive cannabis revolution.
- France on cusp of major breakthrough in medical cannabis access.
- Israel set to approve medical cannabis exports on Sunday.
- Luxembourg introduces mandatory training to prescribe cannabis.
- ICC International Cannabis Corp acquires Macedonian pharmaceutical producer.
- Canopy Growth and Beckley Canopy launch new UK-based company, Spectrum UK.
- High Times to acquire European cannabis exposition, Spannabis.
- Irish farmers poised for review on cultivation licences.
- UK Gogglebox duo launch film to highlight the need for medical cannabis reform.
- East Kilbride boy one of ten Scottish children to receive cannabis prescriptions.
- NZ consumers would prefer community managed approach to cannabis regulation.
- Aleafia completes Australian investment in CannaPacific.
- NZ Hikurangi granted licence to cultivate high-THC cannabis.
- Creso signs Canada supply deal with TerrAscend.
- Australian cannabis wafer company posts record revenues.
- Therabis is bringing hemp medicine to Australian pets.
- Impression Healthcare receives Victoria licence to distribute cannabinoid substances.
- TGA gives Australian MGC the go-ahead on Alzheimer’s clinical trials.
Rest of the World
- The Philippines approves a second reading of the medical cannabis bill.
- US Virgin Islands legalise medical cannabis.
- New York and New Jersey governors call for cannabis legalisation.
- The global cannabis boom brings investment challenges.
- Edibles and infused beverages should be legal in Canada by October 2019.
- Green Growth Brands names terms of acquisition of Aphria.
- In Canada, Tilray announces plans to buy Natura Naturals in $52 million deal.
- US Medicine Man Technologies enters into agreement to acquire MedPharm Holdings.
- China starting to explore cannabis market possibilities.
- Israeli-US cannabis venture capital fund launched to finance cannabis technology.
Health & Science
- US federal legislation will see cannabis studied as a treatment for PTSD in veterans.
- Recent study finds cannabis effective in MS treatment.
- Cannabis abuse lowered by liberal policies, according to US study.
- Another study suggests that cannabis smokers are happier.
- Cannabis addiction is a myth, according to substance abuse expert.
- High CBD cannabis effective in treating children with autism.
European Cannabis Report
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. Home to more than 740 million people, Europe is set to become the world’s largest legal cannabis market over the next five years. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets.
On 8th February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Limited tickets are available. Book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian...
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex...
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational...