- Prohibition Partners announces appointment of French regulatory advisor Paula Cazes.
- Cannabis Europa explores European medical cannabis challenges in Paris.
- Malta MEP calls for a common EU legislative framework for medical cannabis.
- The Academy of Medical Cannabis launches French online education platform.
- Isle of Man to review medical cannabis legislation.
- Austria joins crackdown on CBD products.
- Canopy Rivers completes €11.5 million investment in Italian hemp producer.
- Medical cannabis could appear in Swiss pharmacies in just three years.
- Ukrainian petition for medicinal cannabis gains more than 11,000 signatures.
- German startup Cannamedical secures €15 million for cancer pain-relief treatment.
- Swiss startup begins importing US hemp-based products to EU markets.
- St. Maarten MP requests study on economic impact and benefits of medical cannabis.
- Commonwealth collaboration to boost small-state cannabis opportunities.
- Uruguay in race to become a global leader in medical cannabis exports.
- Future Farm Technologies to expand ownership in Puerto Rico dispensaries.
- Despite progressive cannabis laws, access to medical CBD in Uruguay remains limited.
- New Zealand’s 2020 cannabis referendum could open the door for big business.
- Australia looks to become the world’s leading medical cannabis supplier.
- New Zealand cannabis company secures over NZ$1.3 million in crowdfunding.
- Elixinol buys 60 acres for cultivation in Australia and renames subsidiary Nunyara.
- New Zealand’s Cannasouth secures medical cannabis import licence.
- Asterion applies for medical cannabis licences in Australia.
Rest of the World
- US House Financial Services Committee to hear cannabis banking bill next week.
- Fewer than 60 people in South Africa are legally allowed access to medical cannabis.
- Glassdoor finds US cannabis industry created over 1,500 new jobs in December 2018.
- Canada’s cannabis edible sales could be delayed.
- After the Super Bowl, US cannabis industry is entering into a new era of branding.
- Experts warn of loophole in Thai NCPO’s order on cannabis.
- New York plans to give doctors more freedom to prescribe cannabis.
- US consumers are placing a cannabis order every 8 seconds.
Health & Science
- New study shows that cannabis provides effective autism relief.
- Chronic pain is the main driver of medical cannabis use.
- Football-related head trauma could be treated by cannabis.
- Baby Boomers are one of the fastest growing demographics of cannabis users.
- FSD Pharma and Solarvest to work on algae-based cannabinoids.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. We’d like to thank all our partners for supporting original and independent research that is consistently advancing the European cannabis industry.
Cannabis Europa Paris is underway and the response so far has been incredible. If you were unable to join us at Maison de la Chimie, tickets for Cannabis Europa London will be available from February 11th 2019. Sign up for updates below
News & Insights
Three months after the UK legalised medical cannabis, treatments are being hampered by a lack of doctor training. Medical cannabis can now be issued by the 80,000+ doctors on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council but the lack of infrastructure, education and legal support for clinicians is stifling patient access.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Canopy Growth broadens its European production base with acquisition of Spanish company Cafina, while Irish...
Greece issues fourth cannabis production licence to Pharma Essenza, and MGC Pharma awarded licence to...
Germany and South Africa award medical cannabis cultivation licences while Israel implements the partial decriminalisation...