- Belgian parliament unanimously approves plans for national cannabis agency.
- Switzerland proposes pilot scheme to allow cannabis use for 5,000 citizens.
- ECH launches the first UK-wide network of specialist medical cannabis clinics.
- The Irish Health Ministry has awarded 16 medical cannabis prescriptions.
- European Cannabis Week will take place in London this June.
- Cannabis use in Finland has quadrupled in the last 25 years.
- Aurora Cannabis enters Portugal after acquiring 51% stake in Gaia Pharm.
- Over 600 experts gather in Rome to discuss international cannabis standards.
- Mexican court ruling deems cannabis prohibition unconstitutional.
- Peru approves regulations for medical cannabis.
- One World Pharma completes merger with Colombian cannabis operator.
- Pure Harvest begins Colombian operation with Pocket Shot.
- Weekend Unlimited completes acquisition of R&D Pharma’s Jamaican assets.
- Tilray completes Chile Alef Biotechnology acquisition.
- Black market self-medicating outweighs legal market in Australia by 30 to 1.
- Medical cannabis trademarks are on the rise in Australia.
- NZ government considers Portuguese model ahead of cannabis referendum.
- MGC Pharma’s cannabis strains contain industry-high levels of THC and CBD.
- NZ looks to hemp production to revive east coast economy.
- MYM embarks on first phase of Australian cannabis cultivation.
Rest of the world
- UN delays vote on WHO cannabis recommendations.
- Zimbabwe approves 37 cannabis investors.
- South African finance minister looks to cannabis as a new source of state revenue.
- Thailand fears international cannabis monopolisation as Narcotic Act comes into effect.
- New Hampshire one step closer to recreational legalisation.
- California’s black market for cannabis flourishes amid high taxes.
- Canadian MPs join push to remove federal tax from prescription cannabis.
- Thailand curbs tobacco industry’s ambition for commercial cannabis licence.
- Bhumjaithai party pushes for cannabis legalisation ahead of March 24 election.
- Thai government considers amnesty offering ahead of legalisation of medical cannabis.
- Study: Legal cannabis is a “long-term risk” to the US alcohol industry.
- California’s cannabis supply may run out by Summer.
- One in six Canadians has used cannabis in the newly legalised market.
Health & Science
- THC may be more important than CBD in generating therapeutic benefits.
- Engineered yeast can brew the active ingredients in cannabis plants.
- Study: Cannabis may help treat alcohol and cocaine addiction.
- Spanish study links weight and metabolism benefits to cannabis use.
- Cannabis can relieve depression and feelings of isolation, according to Iranian study.
The African Cannabis Report™ will be the first in-depth research on the African cannabis market, helping to influence and shape the development of the industry across the continent. The report will be distributed to over 120,000 cannabis regulators, entrepreneurs and investors. For more information on partnership opportunities contact email@example.com.
On February 8th, Cannabis Europa brought international stakeholders, fresh perspectives and stimulating discussion to Paris to drive forward Europe’s burgeoning medical cannabis space. We want to say a big thank you to everyone who participated. If you were unable to attend the conference, you can now look back on all the action from what was a historic day at the Maison de la Chimie in Paris.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. Download your report now.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian...
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex...
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational...