- Tilray announce first successful cannabis harvest in Portugal.
- UK-based medical cannabis producer Jacana raises €22 million.
- Malta pushes tech expertise in bid to boost local cannabis industry.
- Dutch lawmakers look to close the Dutch cannabis café loophole.
- Investment bankers are gearing up for European cannabis boom.
- Aura Health announces acquisition of German distributor Pharmadrug.
- Helix TCS expands seed-to-sale tracking solution into Europe.
- The Green Organic Dutchman introduces Cannabigold brand across Europe.
- Germany’s Dermapharm Holding acquires stake in Dutch medical cannabis producer.
- Note: Prohibition Partners will be attending Cannabis Business France in April.
- St Kitts to legalise cannabis for medical and scientific purposes.
- Cannabis companies pursuing corporate growth in Latin America.
- Canopy looks to Mexico as a means to lowering cannabis prices.
- General Cannabis announces Consolidated CR investment in Puerto Rico.
- GSRX Industries complete construction of medical cannabis dispensary in Puerto Rico.
- Columbia’s Pideka offers supply to cover cannabis shortage in Canada.
- New partnership between SLANG and SDH brings exclusive products to Puerto Rico.
- NZ government panel meet to discuss drug law reform.
- New study says 75% of Māori want cannabis legalised in New Zealand.
- Althea Concierge app boosts Australian cannabis prescriptions.
- Hemp is where the money is right now according to Australia’s Elixinol CEO.
- Asterion announces deal with University of Queensland on disease resistant cannabis.
Rest of the world
- Trump Administration turns to public for their opinion on cannabis rescheduling.
- US Marijuana Justice Act reintroduced in Congress.
- Guam sets public hearing for recreational cannabis bill.
- South African Finance Minister calls on ANC to devise cannabis policy for revenue.
- Facebook considers relaxing rules for sale of cannabis products for legal vendors.
- Ban on public vaping in Colorado could negatively impact cannabis patients.
- Black market still accounts for 80% of Canadian cannabis spend.
- Canopy enlists celebrity Martha Stewart for new line of CBD products.
- Illinois cannabis supply can only meet 35-54% of expected demand.
- Cronos sells 19% of its shares in Whistler Medical to Aurora Cannabis.
- Thailand opens registration for legal possession of medical cannabis.
- Police in South Africa call for ban on cannabis-infused beer.
- Aphria in licencing agreement with Manna Molecular Science.
- Australis Capital to acquire California’s Mr Natural Productions for US$1.3m.
- US-based Curaleaf to acquire Eureka for US$30.5 million.
- Buriram announces inaugural Thai pro-cannabis festival.
Health & Science
- Canopy financing brain scan study for ice hockey players.
- Study suggests the elderly should take cannabis for aches, pains and sleep disorders.
- The use of cannabis in HIV treatment is growing.
- CBD could be hindering cannabis’s effectiveness as glaucoma medicine.
- Study suggests smoking is the most effective way to use cannabis medically.
The African Cannabis Report™ will be the first in-depth research on the African cannabis market, helping to influence and shape the development of the industry across the continent. The report will be distributed to over 120,000 cannabis regulators, entrepreneurs and investors. For more information on partnership opportunities contact
In September 2018, the Constitutional Courts of South Africa legalised the private use of recreational cannabis. The move went against government policy and the executive branch of the government has thus far failed to update the laws which will allow citizens to consume “dagga” (the South African term for cannabis). Read more…
On the 24th-25th of June 2019, the leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. This two-day event will explore the latest developments in the UK market and the professionalisation of the industry across the European continent.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. Download your report now.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis...
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75...
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to...