- Preze and EDX Biomed merge to create cannabis powerhourse in Portugal.
- Over 500 Israeli farmers apply for cannabis permits.
- EU considering an increase in hemp THC levels by January 2021.
- Luxembourg’s Health Ministry purchases 20 kilograms of medical cannabis for €50,000.
- Belgium’s CBD market is blooming despite lack of regulations.
- Leaders in the Spanish cannabis industry are pushing for reform.
- Europe’s cannabis market offers post-Brexit opportunities.
- London CBD producer, Highlands, signs first US retail agreement.
- Aphria launches its first CBD-based nutraceutical product in Germany.
- Uruguay’s legal cannabis supply is failing to meet demand.
- Puerto Rico’s Chamber of Commerce backs local cannabis industry to boost economy.
- The Colombian cannabis market is betting big on cultivation.
- Jamaican cannabis investment has favoured production over research.
- The Latin American CBD market is rife with misinformation.
Rest of the World
- Cresco Labs set to acquire cannabis producer, Origin House, for US$1.1 billion.
- US territory, Guam, legalises cannabis for adult use.
- Producing over half the world’s supply, hemp is booming in China.
- US public hearing on CBD scheduled for May 31st.
- Thailand’s government takes the lead in monetising cannabis.
- US states seek to protect cannabis legalisation from federal intervention.
- Treehouse Global Ventures to invest in women-led cannabis companies.
- Shineco and Heilongjiang Zhenye partner to create Chinese industrial hemp giant.
- Walgreen joins CVS in sales of CBD topicals.
- New poll finds that 40% of adult US consumers would try CBD.
- Huaren Pharmaceutical becomes the latest Chinese firm to join the hemp rush.
- Germany awards medical cannabis cultivation licences.
- The global cannabis industry is fast becoming the go-to-market for investors.
- Israel implements the partial decriminalisation of cannabis.
- Hannah Deacon, mother of Alfie Dingley, joins ECH to improve UK patient access.
- Irish government confirms the appointment of medical cannabis supplier.
- South Africa issues medical cannabis cultivation licences to local firms.
Health & Science
- The Academy of Medical Cannabis releases white paper on cannabis-based medicines.
- Cannabis helps to reduce opioid prescriptions and lower dosages.
- MS Society of Canada invests CA$1.5 million in cannabis research project.
- Studies indicate medical cannabis may help treat acne and eczema.
- US study says federally produced cannabis is genetically closer to hemp than cannabis.
As elections approach on April 9th, the cannabis debate in Israel reignites. Israel has been a clear innovator in the fields of medical and scientific cannabis research but now, the government is considering expanding the legislation to include an adult-use market after legalising exports earlier this year. Read more…
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Canopy Growth broadens its European production base with acquisition of Spanish company Cafina, while Irish...
Greece issues fourth cannabis production licence to Pharma Essenza, and MGC Pharma awarded licence to...
The UK Medical Cannabis Clinicians’ Society publishes new guidelines for doctors prescribing cannabis, while HelloMD...