- ECH portfolio company, Amkeu, launches UK’s first CBD snack bar, nooro.
- Irish Prime Minister ‘has no objection’ to domestic cannabis cultivation.
- Women, CBD & Medical Cannabis Conference takes place on the 18th of May in London.
- Canopy Growth broadens European production base with Spanish acquisition of Cafina.
- Dutch nurseries are ‘missing out on billions’ due to restrictive regulations.
- Lawmakers must act to drive the cannabis market in Europe.
- Aurora lobbies Irish government to become a state-approved medical cannabis supplier.
- Leading expert says medical cannabis could be the answer to the UK opioid crisis.
- Israeli political party founder chairs new US$30 million cannabis fund.
- Medical cannabis still inaccessible to NHS patients.
- More MPs in the UK call for medical cannabis research.
- Jamaica gambles on legal cannabis with GDP set to boom post-legalisation.
- Medical cannabis adds US$11.5 million to Puerto Rico’s economy.
- Demand for imported CBD drives investment in Brazil.
- Verdemed raises US$12.7 million to fund Latin American operation.
- Colombian seed certification system will establish a global seed bank.
- New South Wales approves first government-funded cannabis production site.
- Hikurangi makes NZ history with first legal import of cannabis seeds.
- NZ survey finds two-thirds of GPs have been asked about medical cannabis by patients.
- Aleafia Health increases investment in CannaPacific.
- Australian medical cannabis campaigner slams Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Rest of the World
- Canopy Growth closes in on a deal to buy Acreage Holdings.
- The US government collected US$4.7 billion from legal cannabis in 2017.
- Congressional Democrats hold first-ever cannabis panel at policy retreat.
- Canada’s cannabis legalisation has created jobs and revenue.
- Oregon’s cannabis oversupply drives prices down.
- Cannabis legalisation shown to boost house prices.
- Synthetic biology firm receives patent for THC production in yeast.
- New Age Walmart deal likely to see CBD beverages rolled out across Walmart.
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Luxembourg unveils its proposals for forthcoming legalisation of recreational cannabis, while Canadian government invests CA$25...
Spectrum cannabis receives first production licence in Denmark after 18-month pilot programme, while UK patients...
The New Zealand government releases details of 2020 cannabis referendum, while Malta plans educational programme...