- European Industrial Hemp Association challenges German CBD ruling.
- New EU CBD regulations disrupt hemp market in Spain.
- UK cannabis patients are fighting for access despite law reform.
- Women, CBD & Medical Cannabis Conference takes place on the 18th of May in London.
- Mile High Labs establishes European base in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- TCI proposes medical cannabis research centre in Jersey.
- Tilray completes first cannabis harvest at its US$20 million Portuguese facility.
- MPX International announces Alphafarma acquisition in Malta.
- Antigua and Barbuda establishes medical cannabis authority.
- Creso secures Brazilian import licence for CBD lozenges.
- Jamaica to launch government programme to support indigenous cannabis cultivation.
- Colombia’s medical cannabis industry is seeing a wave of entrepreneurialism.
- Mexican government to finalise the details of legalisation this summer.
- ACT Cannabis Bill in Australia postponed until July.
- SETEK gets the green light to cultivate cannabis in Taupō.
- US pharmaceutical company set to trial cannabis-derived drug for diabetes in Vanuatu.
- Calls for ‘clarifity’ ahead of referendum on cannabis legislation in NZ.
- AFT Pharmaceuticals will enter the medical cannabis industry if NZ reforms drug laws.
- NZ medical cannabis firm secures NZD$6 million from Australia’s Cann Group.
Rest of the World
- Sol Global announces US$150 million MCP Wellness acquisition in Michigan.
- Canopy to acquire Acreage Holdings for US$3.4 billion post-legalisation.
- Alabama senate committee approves cannabis legalisation bill.
- Guam to create a ‘no-holds-barred’ cannabis research programme.
- Cannabis EFT goes live on the NYSE Arca.
- Earl Blumenauer predicts cannabis banking reform in the US in 2019.
Prohibition Partners is launching The Asian Cannabis Report™, the world’s first in-depth review and analysis of this exciting region. We have a number of exclusive partnership opportunities available. To get your brand or business in front of key decision-makers, investors and industry leaders globally contact us today at
On the 24th-25th of June 2019, the leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world-class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. Early Bird tickets are on sale, book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian...
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex...
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational...