- Hannah Deacon campaigns for UK patients to access medical cannabis.
- Mexico could legalise recreational cannabis by October.
- New Zealand government to reveal cannabis referendum details next week.
- Canopy Growth signs US$343 million deal to buy German synthetic cannabis maker.
- Regulators play catch-up as CBD industry diversifies.
- Former UK government drugs advisor pens essay on lack of medical cannabis access.
- Malta’s progressive cannabis policies are helping boost medical market potential.
- Belgian think tank predicts legal cannabis could be worth €144 million to the economy.
- Khiron acquires Italian hemp company, Canapalife.
- New figures show cannabis arrests have dropped by 75% in the UK.
- Enterprise Ireland backs CBD oil start-ups.
- Oxford Cannabinoid Technologies looks to raise €45 million.
- Study suggests 50% of Swiss population will have used cannabis by 2045.
- Australia’s Cann Group acquires 20% stake in NZ’s Pure Cann.
- Althea grows Australian medical cannabis patient numbers by 27% in April.
- Liberals call on Australian government to establish unilateral cannabis legalisation.
- Creso signs distribution agreement with Burleigh Heads Cannabis.
- Health House International and Cannvalate to purchase MGC Pharma products.
- Thailand’s FDA wants universal access to medical cannabis.
- Taiwanese activists launch campaign to legalise medical cannabis.
- Thai Health Ministry rolls out medical cannabis training course for health professionals.
- Local government in India reverses decision on cannabis cultivation.
- Chinese blockchain company diversifies into medical and industrial cannabis cultivation.
- Thailand’s Tobacco Authority continues to lobby for cannabis cigarettes.
- Myanmar cannabis raid may kickstart legalisation process.
Rest of the World
- Trump Administration opposes bills on cannabis access for veterans.
- Hawaii passes industrial hemp bill.
- PayPal joins SAFE Banking Act lobbying group.
- Texas cannabis decriminalisation bill ‘dead in the Senate’.
- Oregon Senate votes to temporarily halt cannabis production.
- Harvard receives US$9 million private donation to research medical benefits of cannabis.
- Adult-use cannabis industry tipped to generate US$4 billion for New York State.
- US Congress members demand protection for universities who research cannabis.
- Curaleaf to acquire Cura Partners in US$1 billion deal.
- Canopy Growth to build US$150 million hemp processing plant in New York.
- Oreo-maker Mondelez explores CBD-infused snacks concept.
On the 24th-25th of June 2019, the leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world-class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. Early Bird tickets are on sale, book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Germany receives its first medical cannabis imports from Portugal and Australia, as French parliament plans...
Prohibition Partners releases The North American Cannabis Report, Thailand removes hemp extract from its narcotics...
International cannabis industry says UK laws are deterring investment, Israel approves seven new cannabis growers...