- France launches patient association to improve access to medical cannabis.
- Irish public health service may operate a domestic cannabis supply.
- Holigen to invest €45 million in medical cannabis production facilities in Portugal.
- Malta plans educational programme to accompany cannabis legalisation.
- GW stock price climbs as sales of Epidiolex exceed expectations.
- Canadian CBD extractor Stillcanna purchases Polish hemp firm in US$26 million deal.
- First shipment of MGC Pharma’s CannEpil lands in the UK.
- Thailand’s cannabis market projected to be worth US$660 million by 2024.
- China has silently been cashing in on the global CBD boom.
- Thailand’s Rangsit University unveils cannabis studies programme.
- Private firms push for hemp legalisation in Hyderabad, India.
- Thai medical cannabis legalisation spurs research and development on specialised use.
- Indian state of Himachal Pradesh urged to decide on medical cannabis production.
The Asian Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The Asian Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the Asian market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth over $8.5 billion by 2024.
Rest of the World
- SAFE Banking Act knocked back by Senator Mike Crapo.
- Israel’s Ministry of Health reveals online application system for cannabis patients.
- Israeli firm InterCure sets up cultivation facility in Canada.
- Texas House of Representatives votes to expand patient access to medical cannabis.
- Canadian retailers are struggling to meet CBD demand.
- Ugandan government reviewing international laws on medical cannabis production.
- Abercrombie & Fitch to launch CBD line in partnership with Green Growth Brands.
- Ugandan government calls for greater security and regulation on medical cannabis.
On the 24th-25th of June 2019, the leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world-class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. Early Bird tickets are on sale, book now to reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls. Majority of Canadian...
Prohibition Partners LIVE welcomes over 1,500 delegates to inaugural virtual event. UK government reclassifies Epidyolex...
60 elected French officials call for cannabis legalisation post-pandemic. Switzerland releases details on upcoming recreational...