- Joint venture aims to turn the UK into the medicinal cannabis hub of Europe.
- Norway’s sovereign wealth fund blacklists cannabis stocks after criticism.
- Ireland’s Bord na Móna looks to diversify by cultivating medicinal cannabis.
- Malta establishes academy of regulatory sciences to for cannabis products.
- Israel’s Breath of Life International to list on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Brighton-based CBD restaurant forced to close despite police clearance.
- The people changing how we think about cannabis.
- Israel expecting cannabis to be its next major industry.
- England rugby player launches CBD business ahead of speaking at Cannabis Europa.
- Asia emerging as new frontier for Canadian cannabis producers.
- New survey suggests 86% of Thai people support medical cannabis legalisation.
- Thai department of medicine announces distribution of five cannabis drugs.
- Regulating cannabis could be the solution for India’s agrarian crisis.
- Thai government outlines details for cannabis regulation.
- Thai Food and Drug Administration issues caution over medical cannabis.
Rest of the World
- Google to ban legal cannabis-delivery apps from its mobile app store.
- Illinois Senate passes cannabis legalisation bill.
- Canada will soon take steps to protect cannabis brands globally.
- Texas expands use of medical cannabis in form of CBD oil.
- SOL Global announces proposed reverse takeover.
- TSA to permit airline passengers to travel with CBD oil.
- Colorado to allow cannabis delivery as well as dispensary tasting rooms.
- Arizona Supreme Court rules medical cannabis extracts are legal.
Italy’s top court bans cannabis light sales as sector feels political heat.
Italy’s highest court has outlawed the sale of cannabis light products, stating it is a crime to market derivatives of cannabis, in a landmark ruling handed down on Thursday. Read more…
The Asian Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The Asian Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the Asian market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth over $8.5 billion by 2024.
With over 80 speakers across18 talks, Cannabis Europa London has something for everybody. Our panellists will be discussing the most pressing issues facing the European industry today, analysing the developments of the last 12 months and looking at how medical cannabis has permeated the mainstream.
Early Bird tickets are now sold out. Save 20% on full price tickets using the checkout code: PPDiscount
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Mexico’s supreme court ordered to push through medical cannabis regulation, as Tilray leases 20 hectares...
Luxembourg will become the first European country to legalise cannabis, NICE guidelines prevent NHS cannabis...
British MPs claim cannabis could be legal in 5-10 years, as Epidiolex receives market approval...