- Sativex to be partially reimbursed by the state in Portugal.
- First Scottish prescription for medical cannabis issued.
- Soma Pharmaceuticals plans to enter Irish medical cannabis market.
- UK hemp farm could lose £200,000 after uncertainty over cultivation licence.
- Dutch exports of medical cannabis flower to Germany will increase this year.
- GCC Pharma receives medical cannabis cultivation licences in Greece.
- British drinks giant Diageo ‘watching and tracking’ developments in cannabis industry.
- Luxembourg considering Canadian model for medical cannabis regulations.
Rest of the World
- US cannabis ‘mega-merger’ creates major new player.
- Hawaii’s ‘Out-of-State Patient Programme’ has a slow start.
- Possession charges are being dropped in Texas.
- US states promoting sustainable methods of cannabis cultivation.
- Ohio legalises the sale of CBD products and cultivation of hemp.
- Banking system for cannabis industry to be launched in Nevada.
- Cannabis legalisation bills filed in Congress.
- New Jersey’s medical cannabis programme patient numbers triple in 18 months.
Health & Science
- Study shows that specific cannabis extracts can kill and suppress certain cancer cells.
- Scientists continue to explore the pain-relief potential of cannabis.
- The Academy of Medical Cannabis launches portal to aid healthcare professionals.
- Cannabis reduces insulin levels in overweight and obese type 2 diabetics.
- Israeli researchers turn to the power of terpenes to optimise cannabis medication.
Last month one of France’s most influential think-tanks, the Conseil d’analyse économique (CAE), recommended not only that France legalise recreational cannabis use, but also that the government form a monopoly to control distribution.
Prohibition Partners help brands position themselves as thought-leaders. If you’re interested in marketing your brand to the key decision-makers in the international cannabis industry, contact us today to discuss sponsoring our upcoming reports.
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research that consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Cannabis Europa is crossing the Atlantic this November, bringing European expertise, knowledge and networks to the largest cannabis market in the world, North America.
In 2020, Cannabis Europa will arrive in Madrid against a backdrop of European regulatory change to help push for federal reform in the Spanish capital, before returning home for the third Cannabis Europa London next spring.
European Cannabis Week
After an inspiring programme of talks, networking and cultural events, we’d like to thank all of the partners, sponsors and attendees of the inaugural European Cannabis Week. Check out the event gallery to see the highlights of all the events that took place over the week.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis...
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75...
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to...