The Year in Review
The Prohibition Partner team would like to wish our readers a very happy holiday. As another fascinating year in the cannabis industry comes to an end, our team of experts, analysts and consultants review the trends that have shaped the market in 2019.
- Italy expected to triple domestic medical cannabis production in 2020.
- Germany’s drug commissioner calls for more uniform cannabis possession laws.
- Despite slow growth, opportunities are increasing steadily in the UK market.
- The Home Office stance on hemp continues to inhibit UK farmers.
- European CBD producer Brains Bioceutical raises $30 million.
- London to host Cannabis Private Investment Summit in March.
- Delays expected as cannabis edibles hit the shelves in Canada.
- Numerous cannabis provisions stripped from US congressional spending bill.
- US Department of Agriculture extends public comment period on new hemp rules.
- Ontario removes cap on retail cannabis stores and pre-qualification rules.
- Health Canada fails to test the health effects of vaping as new products hit the market.
- New Jersey lawmakers confirm recreational cannabis referendum for 2020.
- Green Growth Brands terminates $310 million bid for Moxie.
- Bermuda’s Attorney General opens public consultation on draft medical cannabis bill.
Health & Science
- The number of teenagers vaping cannabis has risen dramatically, finds two new studies.
- New study investigates ideal lighting conditions for high-yield cannabis cultivation.
- Regular cannabis use could affect the structure of the heart, finds new research.
- More research links legal cannabis to drop off in opioid prescriptions.
Thanks To Our Readers
As 2019 comes to an end we want to hear from you to understand how we can provide you with the data, intelligence and analysis you need to succeed in the cannabis market.
As a result, we’re offering you the chance to win two free tickets to Cannabis Europa London for everyone who completes our annual reader survey. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.
CANNABIS EUROPA MADRID HOLIDAY OFFER
Prohibition Partners is delighted to share an exclusive 20% holiday discount from our friends at Cannabis Europa. Simply use the code PROHIBITION20 when buying tickets. Offer ends midnight.
Join the most influential leaders in science, policy and business in Madrid to help share knowledge, address key challenges and shape the future of medical cannabis at The Intercontinental Hotel on 10th February.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Prohibition Partners launches ‘Disrupting Beauty’, the first report in 'The Impact Series’ as Sicily makes...
Major cannabis companies continue to divest foreign assets amid ‘cash crunch’ fears, while Eight firms...
Prohibition Partners is set to co-host Cannabis Conclave at Davos 2020 while Illinois legal cannabis...