- COVID-19: The turning point for global cannabis legalisation.
- Health Canada asks cannabis labs for assistance with COVID-19 testing.
- NIDA to fund research into how COVID-19 affects cannabis consumers.
- Around 200,000 Spanish citizens are without medical cannabis during lockdown.
- Cannabis street prices surge in France following new strict border controls.
- German cannabis industry association warns of medical cannabis shortages.
- Germany extends application deadline for national cannabis distribution tender.
- EMMAC Life Sciences secures permits to sell medical cannabis in Germany.
- Flowr receives EU GMP certification for its Portuguese cannabis manufacturing facility.
- ACI launches new plans for CBD safety certification in the UK.
- New York and Toronto stock exchanges initiate the process to delist CannTrust.
- Massachusetts regulators to meet to discuss ‘potential relief’ for cannabis businesses.
- World Class acquires controlling interest in Pineapple Express as home-deliveries surge.
- Tilray agrees to release 11 million shares which could drive shareholder dilution.
- Michigan cannabis sales grow month-on-month, but fall short of initial expectations.
- USDA approves hemp plans for two more states and three Native American tribes.
- Cannabis consumers switching to edibles during pandemic.
Africa & Middle East
Health & Science
- Researchers develop rapid-response biosensor for detecting THC in saliva.
- Study finds most commercial cannabis products too strong for chronic pain relief.
- InMed completes phase one clinical trials for cannabinol topical cream.
- New research investigates the most common adverse reactions to cannabis use.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Prohibition Partners LIVE will be the largest cannabis event in the world this summer. We are taking our industry-leading conferences online, delivering you agenda-setting content, targeted virtual networking and engaging digital experiences. All at the touch of a button.
As of Friday, 3 April 2020, there are over one million confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide. Analysts from the IMF and UN are predicting a global recession will follow in the wake of the pandemic, the longevity of which is unpredictable.
As this develops, the potential of a legal cannabis industry to provide recession-proof jobs and taxes will become increasingly attractive to governments across the world. Learn how this may develop in the latest feature from Prohibition Partners.
The Impact Series: Disrupting Beauty
Disrupting Beauty, the first report in ‘The Impact Series’ showcasing how cannabis is permeating the mainstream.
Disrupting Beauty documents how cannabis is disrupting the traditional beauty market and the supply chain as demand skyrockets for cannabis beauty products.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Germany imports 4,126 kg of medical cannabis during the first half of 2020, US cannabis employment...
NHS plans to manufacture medicinal cannabis oil for children with severe epilepsy. FDA launches widespread...
Overcapacity continues to loom over Canadian market despite players slashing costs. Medical cannabis prescriptions grow...