- Amsterdam city council votes to explore a ban on cannabis-flavoured products.
- There is ‘no excuse’ not to raise EU hemp THC limit to 0.3%.
- Canzon signs CBD product distribution deal to enter the German market.
- Spain’s AEMPS grants medical cannabis export licence to Medalchemy.
- Dutch cannabis supply to Germany partially restored after delays.
Opinion polls in New Zealand are showing a small lead for the ‘yes’ vote ahead of the referendum on adult-use cannabis legalisation to be held on September the 19th.
- Nebraska medical cannabis activists submit 182,000 signatures in ballot measure bid.
- Illinois reports record-breaking cannabis sales in June, totalling over US$47.6 million.
- Virginia lawmakers announce plans to introduce a cannabis legalisation bill next year.
- Dan Bilzerian’s cannabis company loses US$50 million, expected to fold.
- Edibles account for around 12% of total legal cannabis market, new figures reveal.
- Newfoundland and Labrador cannabis sales up 14% from last year.
- Licensed outdoor cannabis cultivators double as savings attract producers.
- Cannabis firms see a jump in insurance costs following a spate of investor lawsuits.
- Cannabis events firm Lift & Co. lays off almost all staff citing disruption from COVID-19.
Latam & Caribbean
- Mexico plans to finalise and implement medical cannabis regulations by September.
- Jamaica considers a new reduced-fees permit for farmers to encourage industry entry.
- Guam regulators plan to finalise draft cannabis rules for public comment by next month.
- Bahamian lawmakers criticised for ‘dragging their feet’ on cannabis reform efforts.
- PharmaCielo approved to produce ten tonnes of high-THC cannabis for extract exports.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Prohibition Partners finds that the overall majority of cannabis/CBD/hemp-infused drinks consumers are men. However, in emerging markets where THC-infused products are not available & the market focus is on health and wellbeing, women are more likely to dominate the consumer space.
Learn more about consumer behaviour and purchase profiles surrounding cannabis-based beverages in the latest industry report from Prohibition Partners.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Australia records record monthly medical cannabis patient growth in July. Online sentiment predominantly positive ahead...
Germany imports 4,126 kg of medical cannabis during the first half of 2020, US cannabis employment...
NHS plans to manufacture medicinal cannabis oil for children with severe epilepsy. FDA launches widespread...