- NHS plans to manufacture medicinal cannabis oil for children with severe epilepsy.
- FDA launches widespread CBD testing plan to tackle product inconsistencies.
- Europe’s largest independent cannabis firm set to publicly trade on the NASDAQ.
- Canadian legal cannabis sales reach new records in May as black market sales fall.
- Argentina to legalise personal cultivation and pharmacy sales of medical cannabis.
- CBD contract manufacturer, backed by former Diageo Global CMO, launches in the UK.
- EIHA blasts European Commission for considering labelling CBD ‘a narcotic’.
- Denmark authorises Epidyolex for Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes.
- Aurora makes cuts to European workforce as part of downsizing measures.
- Germany’s AMP orders 150kg of medical cannabis from unnamed Canadian supplier.
According to StatsCan, Canadian retailers sold a record CAD$185.9 million worth of cannabis in May 2020.
A total of CAD$850 million worth of cannabis has now been sold in licensed dispensaries in the first 5 months of 2020, which means that, according to current projections, total sales are set to surpass the CAD$2 billion in 2020.
- The Democratic National Committee releases draft plan to decriminalise cannabis.
- The FDA submits a draft CBD enforcement guidance to the White House for review.
- LeafLink raises US$250 million in debt financing to help fund the cannabis supply chain.
- Curaleaf completes acquisition of Grassroots, for an estimated US$700 million.
- Montana cannabis legalisation campaigners collect required signatures for 2020 ballot.
- Arkansas medical cannabis sales surpass US$100 million since 2019 launch.
Latam & Caribbean
- Uruguay records 3 tonnes of medical sales 3 years after cannabis legalisation.
- Argentinian municipality of Castelli creates joint venture to produce medical cannabis.
- Ikänik Farms exports pharmaceutical grade cannabis to Mexico for COVID-19 research.
- Khiron receives licences for the import and commercialisation of CBD products in Peru.
- Cann Group announces capital raising of AU$24.3 million to boost short-term growth.
- Little Green Pharma obtains production permit for Western Australia cultivation facility.
- Thonburi Healthcare launches joint venture for medical cannabis research in Thailand.
- MGC Pharma signs agreement to acquire Australia’s Medical Cannabis Clinic.
Health & Science
- New evidence suggests that CBD may help treat lung inflammation caused by COVID-19.
- Lab tests show that CBD-enriched forms of cannabis can kill or inhibit cancer cells.
- Meta-study suggests CBD has therapeutic potential in treating cocaine dependence.
- Study suggests cannabis has potential to treat pain associated with sickle cell disease.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Prohibition Partners finds that the overall majority of cannabis/CBD/hemp-infused drinks consumers are men. However, in emerging markets where THC-infused products are not available & the market focus is on health and wellbeing, women are more likely to dominate the consumer space.
Learn more about consumer behaviour and purchase profiles surrounding cannabis-based beverages in the latest industry report from Prohibition Partners.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European cannabis: waking the sleeping giant. Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis...
Prohibition Partners LIVE announces November virtual event and Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75...
US Congressional Committee approves the medical cannabis research act and recreational cannabis projects begin to...