- Germany imports 4,126 kg of medical cannabis during the first half of 2020.
- Argentina announces plans to broaden medical cannabis scheme.
- 149 growers submit applications for the Dutch adult- use cannabis experiment.
- WHO cannabis recommendations face UN opposition in a recent meeting.
- US House of Representatives adds protections for state-legal cannabis programmes.
- EMMAC’s Medalchemy secures licence for the cultivation of medical cannabis in Spain.
- The first person in Scotland is prescribed medical cannabis through Project 21.
- Project C aims to raise €5 million in its first public offering to the Dutch public.
- Isle of Man medicinal cannabis project enters final review.
Newly published data released from Germany has revealed that medical cannabis imports increased by 16% in Q1 and a further 32% in Q2 of 2020, highlighting a major increase in demand.
Learn more about the data in the latest cannabis industry analysis from Prohibition Partners.
- The DNC’s policy includes cannabis decriminalisation but rejects full federal legalisation.
- The US Senate excludes protections for cannabis banks in COVID-19 relief legislation.
- US cannabis employment has the potential to reach 295,000 by the end of 2020.
- The White House discusses FDA’s CBD enforcement with US hemp groups.
- New Jersey cannabis companies invest in infrastructure ahead of recreational vote.
- Illinois delays licence for adult-use cannabis due to COVID-19 setbacks.
- Red White & Bloom Brands signs LOI to acquire Platinum Vape for in California entrance.
Latam & Caribbean
- Australia completes first hemp seed export to New Zealand as trade regulations ease.
- Elixinol signs distribution agreement to sell CBD products in Australia.
- Hong Kong opens its first CBD cafe and shop in Sheung Wan.
- Thailand approves 17 cannabis-based medicines for selected Thai hospitals.
- MGC receives Australian import licences for schedule 4 & 8 medical cannabis products.
Health & Science
- New evidence suggests that CBD may help treat lung inflammation caused by COVID-19.
- Lab tests show that CBD-enriched forms of cannabis can kill or inhibit cancer cells.
- Meta-study suggests CBD has therapeutic potential in treating cocaine dependence.
- Study suggests cannabis has potential to treat pain associated with sickle cell disease.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Australia records record monthly medical cannabis patient growth in July. Online sentiment predominantly positive ahead...
NHS plans to manufacture medicinal cannabis oil for children with severe epilepsy. FDA launches widespread...
Overcapacity continues to loom over Canadian market despite players slashing costs. Medical cannabis prescriptions grow...