THE UN VOTES TO RECOGNISE THE VALUE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
This week, the United Nations voted to reschedule cannabis and cannabis-based products from schedule IV to schedule I.
This signifies that the UN officially recognises the medical benefits of cannabis and that it does not pose serious harm to consumers.
- Dutch cannabis growers seek to stop cannabis programme draw following selection of ten cultivators for cannabis trial.
- Tilray adds dronabinol to its German product portfolio.
- Italian cooperative says it can sustainably construct buildings using hemp as a material.
- Aurora Nordic becomes first company to deliver medical cannabis into Germany from Denmark.
- Celebrities, including Will.i.am, invest in cannabis start-up Sanity Group.
GERMANY: THE CANNABIS & CBD CONSUMER REPORT
STRENGTH OF GERMAN CANNABIS & CBD CONSUMER MARKET REVEALED
Germany is set to become one of the largest single markets for cannabis and CBD anywhere in the world, but despite the fact that millions of Germans are using CBD and cannabis, relatively little is currently known about these consumers.
As a result, Prohibition Partners has conducted research into the behaviour and demographic make-up of cannabis & CBD consumers across Germany.
- Californian tax revenues remain strong amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- USDA expands hemp crop insurance programmes for farmers in four more states.
- Pennsylvania approves medical cannabis life science organisation.
- Virginia governor releases adult-use cannabis legalisation report.
- Michigan adult-use cannabis sales total nearly US$450 million in first-year sales.
- New Jersey lawmakers propose new cannabis amendment to ensure social equity.
- Cannabis advocates eye Georgia senate elections in hopes for federal reform.
- Minnesota includes two more qualifying conditions for medical cannabis.
- Arkansas medical cannabis sales reach US$187 million.
- Retail monopoly Cannabis NB forecasts a net profit of CA$10 million for the fiscal year.
- CannTrust returns to the Canadian cannabis market with two adult-use brands.
- Cannabis retailers urge Ontario to allow reopening in lockdown zones.
- Zenabis agrees to sell its extraction facility in British Columbia for CA$6.65 million.
- Aurora shuts down 250,000 sq. ft cannabis greenhouse facility in Alberta.
- Organigram reports a net loss of CA$38.6 million in Q4 2020 results.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Colombian adult-use cannabis regulation approved in first senate debate.
- Barbados allows investors to submit medical cannabis applications from January 2021.
- Colombian medical cannabis association launches to ensure market fairness for patients.
- Jujuy presents the first medicinal cannabis oil product made in Argentina.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- South African advocates claim legal cannabis laws will negatively impact the vulnerable.
- Israeli genetics firm CanBreed acquires San Diego hemp farm.
- Zimbabwe unrealistically expects cannabis export sales to reach US$1.25 billion in 2021.
- Israel’s first academic medical cannabis training centre opens in Yeruham.