THE MORE ACT PASSES THROUGH US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
The MORE Act, which would decriminalise cannabis federally, passed through the democrat-led House of Representatives last week, with 228 votes for the motion, 164 against & 39 abstaining.
The bill will now face a vote in the Senate before being presented to the President for ratification.
- US House of Representatives passes medical cannabis bill following MORE Act approval.
- The Netherlands selects 10 cultivators for legal cannabis experiment.
- UK experts and lawmakers eye cannabis legalisation amid COVID-19 crisis.
- North Macedonian cannabis advocates urge parliament to amend cannabis classification.
- Clever Leaves successfully delivers EU-GMP cannabis-based pharmaceuticals to Germany.
- LYPHE Group partners with Drug Science to provide medical cannabis to Project Twenty21.
- Switzerland’s National Council votes to ease access for medical cannabis.
- Slovakian government approves amendment to remove CBD from drug list.
- Maltese cannabis advocates call for full decriminalisation of cannabis cultivation by 2021.
COVID-19 AND CANNABIS
LINKS BETWEEN COVID-19 AND CANNABINOID DRUG DEVELOPMENT EXPLORED
During Prohibition Partners LIVE, Industry Analyst & Consultant for Prohibition Partners Conor O’Brien, delivered a presentation on the research being carried out on cannabinoids and their impact on treating COVID-19.
The full presentation is available to view, here.
- New report suggests federal legalisation would generate US$13.7 billion in tax revenue.
- Medical cannabis sales in Maine reach US$221.8 million from January to October 2020.
- New Jersey lawmakers agree on adult-use cannabis legalisation bill.
- Detroit plans to issue adult-use cannabis licences in summer 2021.
- The Justice Department and the Department of Health examine rescheduling of cannabis.
- New poll finds two thirds of voters support House vote to decriminalise cannabis.
- Weedmaps plans to list on the NASDAQ through merger with Silver Spike.
- Nebraska lawmakers commence drafting cannabis legalisation initiative for 2022 ballot.
- New poll finds 54 per cent of Wyoming residents support legalising adult-use cannabis.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Mexican Supreme Court extends deadline for lawmakers to legalise cannabis to April 2021.
- Avicanna launches medical cannabis programme nationwide in Colombia.
- Costa Rican lawmakers seek to legalise medical cannabis.
- Khiron successfully imports high-THC medical cannabis products into Peru.
- Brazil makes slow progress on medical cannabis cultivation legalisation bill.
- Khiron’s medical cannabis products qualify for national insurance coverage in Colombia.
- iX Biopharma receives Australian CBD product of the year award.
- Australian Natural Therapeutics receives medicinal cannabis oil manufacturing licence.
- New Zealand pharmacies accused of overcharging patients for medical cannabis.
- Three out of five prescriptions for medical cannabis are to treat chronic pain in Australia.
- CannaPacific and CSIRO trial novel encapsulation technologies for medicinal cannabinoids.
- New Zealand farmers prepare to export ‘world’s best’ medical cannabis.
- Thailand is set to launch Southeast Asia’s first-ever cannabis tour.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Panaxia receives its first commercial export permit for medical cannabis products.
- Israel’s Health Committee expects to exclude CBD from the Drug Ordinance.
- Charlotte’s Web announces expansion into Israel through InterCure distribution agreement.
- Middle East law firm launches region’s first dedicated medical cannabis practice.
- Aleafia Health signs three-year agreement with Equinox International to enter Israeli market.
- British entrepreneur assists in the utilisation of high-quality cannabis in Malawi.