FRANCE ANNOUNCES SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL SUPPLIERS FOR MEDICAL CANNABIS TRIAL
Following an extensive public consultation phase, the French government has announced the names of the companies which will supply medical cannabis for use in a trial involving thousands of volunteers.
The programme will support patients suffering from epilepsy, pain, the side- effects of chemotherapy and multiple sclerosis and will only be available to those who have reached a ‘treatment impasse’.
ISRAELI CANNABIS FIRM SET TO LIST ON NASDAQ EXCHANGE
SCOTTISH MP CAMPAIGNS FOR BETTER ACCESS TO MEDICAL CANNABIS
- New DiEM25 survey in Greece finds 94% support cannabis legalisation.
- AMP and CC Pharma partner to sell Aphria’s medical cannabis products in Germany.
- BCD publicly opposes banning tourists’ access to coffeeshops in Amsterdam.
- EUROX Pharma adds Chuck Rifici to its Board of Directors.
- German survey finds over half of cannabis users with Parkinson’s report clinical benefits.
- CanPoland plans to launch medical cannabis production in Poland.
- Coalition in Bonn, Germany, supports the legalisation of controlled sale of cannabis.
- Frankfurt offers online training courses on medicinal cannabis to doctors and pharmacists.
- Czech Republic’s Chamber of Deputies rejects proposal to relax cannabis laws.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS WEBINAR SERIES
CONNECT WITH LEADING FIGURES OPERATING IN THE NORTH AMERICAN CANNABIS MARKET
In what is an exciting time for the future of Cannabis in the USA, the latest Prohibition Partners report takes a laser focus to a crucial part of the global industry map.
This online launch event takes a look forward with the recent changes in the North American cannabis industry; across potential federal reform, ground-breaking social equity programmes and future market growth.
- The governor of Pennsylvania makes cannabis legalisation a priority for 2021.
- Democrats in Florida have filed cannabis legislation in advance of session.
- A state auditor’s report recommends legalising cannabis in Delaware.
- Arizona commences sales of adult-use cannabis in less than three months.
- The cannabis industry contributed US$1.85B to the Washington state economy in 2020.
- Jushi completes the acquisition of medical cannabis retailer Agape Total Health Care Inc.
- Martha Stewart launches a line of CBD oil drops and soft-baked chews for dogs.
- Alabama lawmakers seek to consider medical cannabis bill.
- ATACH confirms plan to create a Cannabis Beverage Council.
- A senator from Kentucky has introduced a medical cannabis legalisation bill.
SURVEY OF GERMAN CANNABIS CONSUMERS REVEALS DYNAMIC RANGE OF USE
Despite the fact that millions of Germans are using CBD and cannabis, relatively little is currently known about these consumers.
In this report, we highlight the topics which are most pressing for patients and consumers and should be of significant value to anyone wishing to meet the growing demand for these products in the country.
- WeedMD adds Sixth LiUNA Local to its medical cannabis programme.
- Opioid prescription decline in Canada following adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Aqualitas becomes the first Canadian cannabis producer to be Clean Green certified.
- Tilray CEO expects US federal cannabis legalisation within two years.
- New Canadian study finds cannabis extract may benefit COVID-19 patients.
- Valens acquires cannabis edibles producer LYF Food Technologies.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Coalition of Costa Rican politicians call for faster cannabis legalisation.
- INTA and NGO Ciencia Sativa initiate project for cannabis cultivation in Argentina.
- Aruba initiates a public tender for medicinal cannabis cultivation licences.
- Argentina provides ARS15 million to develop medical cannabis production facilities.
- Barbados implements a cannabis track-and-trace system to support its cultivators.
- Aurora and MedReleaf announce medical cannabis supply partnership for Australian market.
- The Australian cannabis market has been valued at AUS$14.8 billion.
- Thailand set to promote the use of cannabis in food and cosmetics to help attract tourism.
- Companies in New Zealand are exploring alternative uses of cannabis hempseed hulls.
- Thailand’s medical cannabis lab receives international standards certification.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Nigerian House of Representatives considers cannabis legalisation bill.
- Panaxia starts distributing free medical cannabis oils and capsules to France.
- Highland Investments offers financial aid to cannabis cultivators in Lesotho.
- Israeli cannabis oil prices increase by 92% leaving damaging effects for medical patients.