THE IMPACT OF EUROPEAN CANNABIS COMPANIES LISTING ON THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE
This week, MGC Pharmaceuticals became the first-ever cannabis company to list on the London Stock Exchange, marking a potential watershed moment for the European cannabis industry.
In the first part of the ‘London is Open’ series, from Cannabis Europa and Prohibition Partners, discover how this new trend could be set to define a new era for the European cannabis sector.
CANNABIS SALES DROP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A DECADE IN THE NETHERLANDS
NEW DATA REVEALS EUROPEAN COUNTRIES CANNABIS CONSUMPTION RATES
- Politicians in Sardinia aim to capitalise on ideal conditions to allow hemp cultivation.
- Malta’s prime minister meets with pro-cannabis lobby to discuss legalisation issues.
- Spanish government provides financial backing for cannabis research project.
- French MPs call for changes in law to allow lighter regulation for CBD products.
- EIHA invests €1.6m to establish understanding of safe THC level in hemp.
REPORT REVEALS HOW US CANNABIS MARKET COULD DOMINATE US POLITICAL DISCUSSION IN 2021
The impact of COVID-19 and a range of political issues have disrupted the beginning of Joe Biden’s presidency in 2021, however, once the impeachment trial of Donald Trump is over and the new administration settles into office, cannabis legalisation is anticipated to be at the top of the agenda for the Democrat party, which includes the final discussion on the passing of the MORE Act.
To understand how the debate is likely to develop, download a free copy of; The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition, which contains expert political commentary, data analysis and market projections.
- Wisconsin governor plans to legalise cannabis but strong opposition has emerged.
- Altria applies pressure in Congress to push cannabis-friendly laws.
- Idaho state Senate approves resolution to prevent cannabis legalisation.
- South Dakota governor Kristi Noem opposes adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Cannabis coalition hopes to unite cannabis legalisation advocates under single front.
- Ohio’s medical cannabis sales quadruple in 2020 but fall short of projections.
- The USDA aims to improve hemp production through new studies.
- A bill to legalise marijuana in Minnesota is scheduled for the first hearing.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS WEBINAR SERIES
LAW FIRM DLA PIPER SHARES INSIGHTS INTO INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS INDUSTRY
Prohibition Partners recently spoke to DLA Piper, a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
The organisation supports cannabis industry organisations around the world whilst helping to drive legislative progress to improve access to cannabis.
- Reddit users drive rise of share prices in Canadian cannabis firms before fast drop off.
- Canopy Growth announces financial results for the third quarter fiscal 2021.
- Aurora reports 2020 Q2 earnings and halts stock slide.
- Research reveals Canadians primarily use medical cannabis to treat chronic pain.
- Health Canada announces public comment period regarding cannabis vape products.
- WeedMD announces US$15m bought deal equity financing.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- The Cannabis and Health Association, Cultive, wins approval to cultivate cannabis in Brazil.
- The government of Paraguay aims to promote nationwide industrial hemp production.
- A natural disaster hits Jamaica’s cannabis industry, causing major supply problems.
- Panama delays bill for the approval of medicinal cannabis.
- Colombian cannabis company begins CBD exports to US.
- Cannabis firms in Colombia request the government to allow export of dried flower.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Israeli Supreme Court delays handing names of cannabis patients over to police.
- ARK Exchange Traded Funds invests US$8 million in Israeli cannabis group InterCure.
- Cyprus imports medicinal cannabis oil from Israeli group Panaxia.
- Protests sparked in Tunisia as men caught using cannabis handed 30-year prison sentence.