MEXICO PUBLISHES MAJOR UPDATE TO CANNABIS REGULATIONS
This week, Mexico took a step closer to legalising adult-use cannabis.
The bill still requires approval from the Senate and the President, who could prevent the measure from passing into law, however, if adult-use cannabis is legalised, Mexico could become a major player in the international cannabis market.
CANNABIS IN PETCARE: CONSUMER TRENDS & COVID-19
An analysis of the trends set to define the cannabis petcare industry as well as the impact of COVID-19.
BAT BUYS £126M STAKE IN CANADIAN CANNABIS FIRM ORGANIGRAM
“Mitigating risks of monopolisation & corporate capture should be a priority for all new cannabis regulation policy design.”
- Curaleaf enters European cannabis market following US$285 million acquisition of Emmac Life Sciences.
- UK CBD regulators criticised for change of rules with major deadline fast approaching.
- German cannabis company Sanity Group secures media investor deal.
- German government approves amendment making it easier to prescribe medical cannabis.
- Canopy Growth to cease operations in Denmark in bid to cut costs.
- Polish parliamentary team completes public consultations on cannabis legalisation.
- Pure Extracts sells first shipment of cannabis oil extracts to German pharma company.
- New draft law strengthens medicinal cannabis exports and investments in Greece.
The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition
As a growing number of states legalise cannabis across the US, consumption rates are projected to dramatically increase over the next five years.
Furthermore, if the federal legalisation of adult-use cannabis is made, the economic impact on the US economy could be transformative for decades to come.
To understand more about how cannabis consumption is evolving in the US, download: The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition, here.
- Hawaii senate approves cannabis legalisation bill and decriminalisation expansion proposal.
- Last Prisoner Project calls on Joe Biden to release federal cannabis prisoners.
- New Mexico senate advances two competing cannabis legalisation bills.
- University of Illinois publishes results of research initiative on cannabinoids.
- City of Miami continues to fight cannabis dispensaries despite state law.
- Orange County cities are seriously considering licensing cannabis retail.
- Idaho could become the final state to establish a hemp programme.
- US Department of Agriculture signs off on regulations for the hemp industry.
- Lawmakers consider two cannabis legalisation laws in Maryland.
- Natural biochemicals resembling homegrown cannabis responsible for the ‘Runner’s High’.
- Massachusetts senator proposes bill to authorise legal cannabis lounges.
- Wyoming cannabis legalisation bill expected to get hearing this week.
- Rhode Island senators propose recreational cannabis legalisation.
- Colorado cannabis industry booms throughout COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fate of Mississippi medicinal cannabis programme left to the courts.
- Federal government launches consultation on medical cannabis growers.
- Health Canada investigates claims of inaccurately-labelled potency levels for cannabis products.
- Althea subsidiary Peak Processing Solutions receives first order from Cronos Group.
- Study finds cannabis consumption has skyrocketed during pandemic.
- U.S. court dismisses class-action lawsuit against Ottawa-based cannabis company Hexo.
- Aurora Cannabis loses civil lawsuit over cannabis experiment.
- Thailand government promotes cannabis food and other products at cannabis festival.
- New Zealand government will allow MPs to vote freely on cannabis decriminalisation.
- Australian Creso Pharma signs second North American distribution partner.
- Australis completes acquisition of 51% interest in ALPS.
- Cannabis industry could play a big role in Indian government’s push for a green revolution.
- Melbourne’s newest green pharmacy aims to end confusion and frustration for patients.
- New Zealand delays new medicinal cannabis framework for a second time.
- Australia’s Neurotech signs cannabis cultivation partnership.
- Guam senate debates the drug testing of candidates for cannabis.
- New Zealand approves launch of Tilray’s medical cannabis products.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Moroccan government postpones debate on cannabis legalisation bill.
- Zambian cabinet approves new bills to boost cannabis economy.
- South African cannabis group drafts manifesto to help the government improve cannabis regulations.
- Tunisian court reduces prison sentence for young men arrested for using cannabis.
- New data reveals 38% of ‘strong’ medical cannabis strains contain less than 15% THC in Israel.
- IMC becomes first Israeli cannabis company to be listed on NASDAQ.
- Zambia introduces bill to legalise the cultivation of cannabis.
- Isracan signs import agreement with Israeli medical cannabis manufacturer.